The 409 Lives!!!

32witha409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
It has been a long time coming but finally fired her up broke in the cam and did a rough idle adjustment. It went off without a hitch really. Primed up the oil one last time dead timed it @ 16* and we were off and running. I had the magneto recurved to 9*cam/18 crank degrees so I could have a healthy initial. I like it. Here is a short video I took with my phone after breaking in the cam. Thanks for all of the help getting this one together. Can't wait to drive it. :cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uITJQ5grrc

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
AWESOME looking and sounding ride!!!!!:clap:clap You gotta be happy!!!!

You'll need to change one thing tho when you start driving it. There is NO WAY you can speed shift the tranny with a shifter that long!!!!:roll:roll Cut about 75% of it off!!!!

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Sounds and looks great! But, if that little shiny thing in the trunk area is the fuel holder, I presume you are only going to make trips up and down the driveway!! :D:brow:dunno

Lonnie

1960impala283

Well Known Member
Awesome!:clap:clap

I like the way you ran the spark plug wires under the headers. Nice and clean on the valve covers.

Who needs doors, take it out and let er rip...:roll

Dewman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Great Job! Congrats! Post a video when you get her on the road.

32witha409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks for all of the kind words. Im happy as a kid at Christmas. :dance

Mini keg, I like the way you think. :cheers Would make my buddies happy at car shows. Actually is is a supplimental tank for long range drives of for better fuel when/if needed. The stock tank is there also so I have 16 gallons of fuel.

The shifter is long but at the right position for the driver and attached to a Tremec the through is nice and short believe it or not.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Looks and sounds like a real screamer !!!! Congrats, you will be the hit of the town !!!! :beer:dance

32witha409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks all for the kind words. Got do a couple more things before driving it like interior....

Can't wait.......:pray