the 61 under lock down

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
20200406_132358.jpg20200406_132358.jpg
Does anybody have a good pic of how this area should look on the car? this was an AC car but will put modern AC in it so might just blank this area off when the rust repairs are done
20200406_132410.jpg20200406_132418.jpg
Floors are mint, will clean them up to see but doesnt look to have a hole in it anywhere
Steve

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Will post more when i get back to it at the weekend
How difficult is is the remove a rear fender? have rear wheel arch issues and im not sure if it is easier to remove the fender or try patches

Steve

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
All by yourself, impressive!

I need to do that with my 1961 Belair sport coupe some day soon. What did you connect to in order to lift the rear section? How much room did you need to slide that frame out? I see once you got it up in the air you used a bar across the front section and some jacks on wood platforms. Did you have to do that for the rear as well?

I plan on using some angle iron to span the door jambs so that nothing moves or twists. .

Good work!

TomK

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4

I need to do that with my 1961 Belair sport coupe some day soon. What did you connect to in order to lift the rear section? How much room did you need to slide that frame out? I see once you got it up in the air you used a bar across the front section and some jacks on wood platforms. Did you have to do that for the rear as well?

I plan on using some angle iron to span the door jambs so that nothing moves or twists. .

Good work!

TomK
Used my hydraulic floor jack and a big flat piece of wood under the trunk floor. Jacked it up in stages till i got it clear of the chassis then sat timber across the chassis rails .
Just took it slow as didnt have a choice of having anyone to help. LOL all in lock down.:barf2:zombie:sick3:sick2

But i can get beer delivered from our local craft brewery:drinking2 oops too many people and too close:beer

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Used my hydraulic floor jack and a big flat piece of wood under the trunk floor. Jacked it up in stages till i got it clear of the chassis then sat timber across the chassis rails .
Just took it slow as didnt have a choice of having anyone to help. LOL all in lock down.:barf2:zombie:sick3:sick2

But i can get beer delivered from our local craft brewery:drinking2 oops too many people and too close:beer

I did the same thing by myself on my 67 Le Mans convertible. Had the body off in the air in a few hours. :good

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4

Good work!

TomK

I have a little rot in the rocker outers. so i will make up some braces for the doors before i look at cutting any strength out of the rocker panels

Steve