The Big Showdown at Norwalk

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
(1) Payday Ray get's his Payday.Ray's ET 13.79 and Fred's was a 12.57,on a very hot humid day
(2) Fred stalling paying Ray is $10,talking to Denny Ford what happened Denny :dunno
(3) The big payout
(4) Ray asking Fred,you want somemore Big Boy :D

Attachments

• Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 106
  • Picture 027.jpg
    Picture 027.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 96
  • Picture 029.jpg
    Picture 029.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Picture 030.jpg
    Picture 030.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 102

JIMS409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
LQQKS Like you guys had a blast! Sorry to have missed seeing you all and I'm hoping to make the next event. :hug

Did you get any MOPAR (Mostly Old Parts And Rust) or FO_D grudge takers? :cheers

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I missed the start of the "big showdown"
sure glad Jim Kwi posted starting line pics....i was at the shutdown area after the finish line.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
walkerheaders said:
I missed the start of the "big showdown"
sure glad Jim Kwi posted starting line pics....i was at the shutdown area after the finish line.

HUMMMMMM, Ray,,,,,,looks like Fred had a Simi-truck lead there !!!! heeee heeee

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Norwalk

DQ, I told Ray I hurt my neck looking back for him. Ray reminded me that it was only the FIRST 60 feet that paid. Oh well, maybe next time. Thinking about a rematch at double or nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe I was just sucking him in, this time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????. :roll

Fred

Thanks guys for a great time at the Norwalk event. I enjoyed meeting everyone and riding in Bob's "Heart of Darkness" 409 down the 1320. Brought back many fond memories of years past. The track is much improved since the 60's and 80's. I'll write to Doug Marion at Chevy Rumble and tell him what a great job he's doing with coverage of the old 409's. He did a great job years ago at Super Chevy magazine. Let me know where you guys are going to be next. Looking forward to seeing my old Z-11 car on my profile page, Bob.

Wild Bill

Keep The Legend Alive.

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Wild Bill Burge said:
Thanks guys for a great time at the Norwalk event. I enjoyed meeting everyone and riding in Bob's "Heart of Darkness" 409 down the 1320. Brought back many fond memories of years past. The track is much improved since the 60's and 80's. I'll write to Doug Marion at Chevy Rumble and tell him what a great job he's doing with coverage of the old 409's. He did a great job years ago at Super Chevy magazine. Let me know where you guys are going to be next. Looking forward to seeing my old Z-11 car on my profile page, Bob.

Wild Bill

Keep The Legend Alive.

Glad to take you down the 1/4 Bill. i enjoyed it as well. one day you can enlighten me on the name you have chosen for the 09 car. i have scanned your pic and burned the large version onto a cd for you. here's the small print.....