The end is near

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Last week end I did the new glass, power windows and wiring, new covering on the door panels and kick panels, fuzzy strips and added the spacers to the front stabilizer to clear the bracket for the 605 box, poly bushings on all and welded up the 2.5" tailpipes. Maybe I can drive it this year without somebody saying when are you going to finish it.

Attachments

• DSCN0001.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCN0002.jpg
    DSCN0002.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 105
  • DSCN0010.jpg
    DSCN0010.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 103
  • DSCN0005.jpg
    DSCN0005.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 97

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Mike, Great looking car. That is one fine Delray. The power windows are a nice touch. I like the interior also. Congratulations on a great job.

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Mike!

I like it. Interior looks great ....and.... those vintage mags are awesome!! :beerbang

Ron

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Shoot,,, I thought this was about fuel prices!!!???:doh

Any way,, congrates,,

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Looking good!

Models, that project is moving along nicely, at least from my perspective!

I know what it feels like to have people close to you ask when you are going to finish some project :).

Cheers!
TomK

bigjune62

Power windows

Last week end I did the new glass, power windows and wiring, new covering on the door panels and kick panels, fuzzy strips and added the spacers to the front stabilizer to clear the bracket for the 605 box, poly bushings on all and welded up the 2.5" tailpipes. Maybe I can drive it this year without somebody saying when are you going to finish it.

If you don't mind me asking, what power window set up did you use, and were the switches big enough to cover the window crank holes? Thank you.
Junior

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
" The End Is Near " I thought the same thing that dq said. I thought it was the end of oil or the end of the world.:roll:roll Shouldn't laugh though. One will probably co-in-cide with the other.:eek: Mike; Our cars are considered works in progress. Some will never be done, to our likeing.:dunno Your's looks like you've reached the plateau.:clap :clap Skip:)

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Very nice; Along with others, I thought it was done already. Keep up the good work!

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Power to the fingers!

Electric Life for the power windows. Came from Chicago, but I bought them through Summit Racing couple years ago. Switches fit and cover the crank holes. Wiring kit with relay is great, But the switches needed replacing right off the bat. Orig were China, replaced with Pep boys HELP brand from Tiwan. Could have used GM but I couldn't find any cheap on Ebay.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Stock off Ebay

Bar came off Ebay from some junk yard out west. Bought the frame mounts from JC Whitney, got the poly link kit from Napa. Made the spacers from a sheet of Nylon. I can finally turn the corners at speed now.