"The" Homewrecker

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
image.jpg image.jpg Finally got everything done in the back. Still need to adjust everything once the engine is back in and it's on the tires. I was really losing enthusiasm because it took so long but I am very happy with it now. For once I don't see making any changes to the back half of the car for many years.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
How would a setup like that work on the street? That for sure is first class.

Hi Ray,
I would think it would work well on the street, less setting hole required etc the only thing being the stiffness of the shocks etc,
Still has panhard bar, bushes for vibration removal, with that sway bar set up it would sure sit flat in a corner
Might not be a real nice ride though on 22" wheels and 30 series rubber bands

JMHO

Steve

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
WOW that's beautiful!!! I bet it's gonna work as good as it looks too. How close is the engine?

Looking good! :clap
That setup should get the power to the ground. :beer
How's the engine coming along? We're getting anxious to see the 2015 version of the in-car dragstrip video. :pop
Going to start/finish porting tonight. Short block is together. The heads and valve train have all been run before, so once the porting is done it should be a simple matter of slapping it together. Hope to be ready for installation by the end of the weekend. Yes there will be videos!

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
How would a setup like that work on the street? That for sure is first class.
It would work like sh!t. What I should say is ride like sh!t. The rear end in this type of set up does not pivot side to side (roll) unless something flexes. The rod ends and such would have a short life and transmit every tar strip right to your ass. Shocks are way to stiff for any type of ride quality. The upper bars, lowers, or both could be angled which would free it up and give a better ride and manners. All depends on what someone can live with.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
For Dave. Yes tunnel mods will be needed to clear the linkage. Also check that it goes in reverse. Mine didn't and I had to shorten the spring the detent ball sits on. No big deal, just annoying.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 89

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Got her done Dan. Fuzz from carpet looks like crap but carpet will cover it. Everything but the shift rods fit great. Driveshaft was also perfect. I went with the H-pattern "Long" shifter also. The folks at G-force are great to deal with and GET YOU ANSWERS unlike a couple of other brands. Thanks for your advise.

How about a update on other progress you are making? I see you are keeping the bench seat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
H pattern rocks :flag. I'll keep the bench seat until it isn't safe anymore. Actually it probably isn't safe right now but screw it. Waiting for the head I repaired to get done. Also waiting for an intake valve because it was bent. I have NO idea how that happened. The rest are fine. Engine is in the car. Just doing whatever I can till the head is done. You seem to be making great progress. I work at a snails pace.