The kid's Camaro

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have yet to post anything in the builds forum. My beloved 63 is destined to be a driver for a while until we get Bryan's car done. It's not progressing as fast as I would like but that damn work stuff slows the process. Its rusty and crusty but I figure it is a very good candidate to learn how to do a lot of repairs myself.

How we found it.

IMG_0488.JPG
IMG_0490.JPG

Disassembly.

IMG_0717.JPG
IMG_0494.JPG

Little more done.

IMG_1246.JPG

Got a little rot!

IMG_1470.JPG

Will post more as we slowly get something done!

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
What kind of shape, are the rear frame rails in, Jeff?:dunno It will be nice, when finished.:appl

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
What kind of shape, are the rear frame rails in, Jeff?:dunno It will be nice, when finished.:appl

Actually they are in decent shape. As rusty as the floor is surprisingly the trunk and most of the underside appears to be solid.

Jeff, the first thing you need to do is get those ugly centerline wheels off!

They will be for sale pretty soon.

dakota tom

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Looks like the rust issues started with the cowl rusting out below the windshield letting water in to the floor pan.

I may be interested in the front Centerlines. they look to be the race wheels. I have some 15"x14"I could pair them up with.

The rear wheels look like cast wheels with fake rivets?

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Looks like the rust issues started with the cowl rusting out below the windshield letting water in to the floor pan.

I may be interested in the front Centerlines. they look to be the race wheels. I have some 15"x14"I could pair them up with.

The rear wheels look like cast wheels with fake rivets?

Spot on. Water got in around a poorly sealed windshield and the rest is history.

Nope. All aluminum. Some guys like the big and littles and I have had a few guys (not on the forum) interested in the fronts but I think I am going to sell all to go rather than trying to get rid of the rears by themselves.

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Tires are damn near new but fronts would have to be replaced as they are weather checked pretty bad.

409envy

Well Known Member
Cool! My first car was a 76! Wound up putting a 12:1 350 sbc in it. Eventually lost it in a fire. Still my favorite car...