The original "Cheap One"

cheap1

Supporting Member 1
In 1964 my father bought a brand new '64 Biscayne. At the time he had a friend with a '63 Impala ss 409\409 4-speed that had been totaled. My Dad bought the driveline from his friend and put it in his '64. Complete with six cylinder badges and dogdish hubcaps he, needless to say, made quite a name for himself in the Indianapolis area. He sold the car a couple of years later when he married my Mom. He passed away unexpectantly in 1980 when I was ten, and I remember him talking about that car all the time. I'm 37 now and for the past twenty years I've wanted to build a '64 Biscayne in tribute to Dad. And after four years I'm almost done. It's a 413cui. sbc Muncie four speed and just recently (cover your ears) a nine inch from Moser. The motor dynoed at 560 hp and 535 ftlbs. of torque @ 5800 RPM. I just joined the site yesterday and already I feel like I'm at home. Bob I'll send some money when I finish my car . Just Kiddin

View attachment 7152

cheap1

Supporting Member 1
The only pic I have of my Dad's car is my avatar. The attached pics are of my car.

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 89
  • Picture 020.jpg
    Picture 020.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 91

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Cool car Cheap1 and a great tribute to your dad! :clap I'm sure, where ever he is, he's smiling after seeing what you've done. All you need now are the 6 cylinder emblems for the fenders.