The strangest thing happened to me at 75-80 dragway

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Special

A hearty welcome to Kevin for joining up and posting his experiences!

I think it is soooo cool that he is creating the same bloodlines as Bob has in terms of racing heritage. Given Kevin's youthfulness and spirit, it appears as if nostalgia racing will continue into the next generations :).

Cheers!
Tomk

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Kevin,
Welcome to the board! You would fit right in with the following Nostalgia Super Stock race series.

AllStarLogo.jpg

http://422allstars.com/

I've been trying to get Bob to join us for a few races. They are all one day events in the Maryland, Delaware, E. PA, and New Jersey area.

Here's the schedule:

MAY 16, Sat. - NUMIDIA DRAGWAY, NUMIDIA, PA

JUNE 7, Sun. - OLD BRIDGE TOWNSHIP RACEWAY PARK, ENGLISHTOWN, NJ

JUNE 13, Sat. - MAPLE GROVE DRAGWAY, READING, PA

JULY 25, Sat. - MARYLAND INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY, BUDDS CREEK, MD

AUGUST 15, Sat. - BEAVER SPRINGS DRAGWAY, BEAVER SPRINGS, PA

SEPTEMBER 6, Sun. - U.S. 13 DRAGWAY, DELMAR, DE

SEPTEMBER 19, Sat. - MAPLE GROVE DRAGWAY, READING, PA

There are a few Mopar guys in the group. No one with a car that has the history yours does though.

(these are clickable images)

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
and a best of only 10.89. not enough to handle the "Bounty Hunters" consistent 10.60s@127. he normally runs 10.30s-40s
so the next time we meet..............it should be a different story and more fun for both drivers.

You sure you didn't let up on it for your Dad?

Guys..................just AWESOME :clap :beerbang
Tell me more about that 11 sec street car.:cheers

Kevin:
Good luck with that car and welcome. Thanks for your input to the event racing with Bob as all of us have learned to admire Bob's talents and respect his life's perspectives. I'll try to get to Capital some Sunday that both of you run.
I used to be 19 a long long time ago:roll:roll
robert
Wonder if we should invite him to Thompson?:hug
Thank you. We will run at most of the local tracks here in md, and probably run a few saturday nights at Capitol.

A hearty welcome to Kevin for joining up and posting his experiences!

I think it is soooo cool that he is creating the same bloodlines as Bob has in terms of racing heritage. Given Kevin's youthfulness and spirit, it appears as if nostalgia racing will continue into the next generations :).

Cheers!
Tomk
I really hope it will-would be nice to have some of these cars still racing right up until I get too old to drive :D

Kevin,
Welcome to the board! You would fit right in with the following Nostalgia Super Stock race series.

I've been trying to get Bob to join us for a few races. They are all one day events in the Maryland, Delaware, E. PA, and New Jersey area.

Here's the schedule:

MAY 16, Sat. - NUMIDIA DRAGWAY, NUMIDIA, PA

JUNE 7, Sun. - OLD BRIDGE TOWNSHIP RACEWAY PARK, ENGLISHTOWN, NJ

JUNE 13, Sat. - MAPLE GROVE DRAGWAY, READING, PA

JULY 25, Sat. - MARYLAND INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY, BUDDS CREEK, MD

AUGUST 15, Sat. - BEAVER SPRINGS DRAGWAY, BEAVER SPRINGS, PA

SEPTEMBER 6, Sun. - U.S. 13 DRAGWAY, DELMAR, DE

SEPTEMBER 19, Sat. - MAPLE GROVE DRAGWAY, READING, PA

There are a few Mopar guys in the group. No one with a car that has the history yours does though.

(these are clickable images)

I would love to run some of their races! Thanks!

and a best of only 10.89. not enough to handle the "Bounty Hunters" consistent 10.60s@127. he normally runs 10.30s-40s
so the next time we meet..............it should be a different story and more fun for both drivers.

You sure you didn't let up on it for your Dad?

Would his Dad let up for him? :D

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Kevin, your Mopar rocks :bow

My Bubbletop now runs a 409 stroked to 476ci (4" stroke, 38 over piston) with an old M/T cross ram, 690 iron heads, solid flat tappet cam, T 400, 3.89 rear gear, runs 28" M&H drag radials, is shifted at a conservative 6000 rpm and weighs 3900lb with me at the wheel. It used to run mid elevens at around 117+ mph until number seven intake valve went south and poked his head through the bore of my previous 482ci 09. (the damaged block is savable and will be rebuilt) Also was a stick car but after breaking a lot of drive train parts (my pockets aren't very deep), some more than once, I opted for the Turbo 400. I suppose you could call it a good allrounder, behaves itself very well on the street not ever getting hot in traffic or being tempremental and now runs 11.70's @ 115+ mph at the drags. :D

Thanks for your interest. :cheers

Hey Kevin, your Mopar rocks :bow

My Bubbletop now runs a 409 stroked to 476ci (4" stroke, 38 over piston) with an old M/T cross ram, 690 iron heads, solid flat tappet cam, T 400, 3.89 rear gear, runs 28" M&H drag radials, is shifted at a conservative 6000 rpm and weighs 3900lb with me at the wheel. It used to run mid elevens at around 117+ mph until number seven intake valve went south and poked his head through the bore of my previous 482ci 09. (the damaged block is savable and will be rebuilt) Also was a stick car but after breaking a lot of drive train parts (my pockets aren't very deep), some more than once, I opted for the Turbo 400. I suppose you could call it a good allrounder, behaves itself very well on the street not ever getting hot in traffic or being tempremental and now runs 11.70's @ 115+ mph at the drags. :D

Thanks for your interest. :cheers

Thanks! I used to have a '64 Fury (we sold it to help pay for this car) that ran about the same, through the mufflers on street tires. I had taken a little weight out of it, and it weighed around 3500 with me in it. I had a stock stroke 440 with just a stock crank, aftermarket rods that were basically like a stock rod with 7/16 bolts, 10.3:1 compression, stock 346 heads that I ported myself when I was around 16, .509 MP cam, eddy rpm intake with an 850 dp. I ran a torqueflite with a 4200 converter, which was very streetable, and 3.91 gears turning 275-60-15 MT drag radials. I had to make the exhaust myself because the motor was back 1.5" (to fit later generation, cheaper headers) and the exhaust had to make an "S" turn right as it left the collector. Was a great car to drive on the street and went a best of 11.74 at 114. I won the 12.00 index in it at Capitol's nostalgia race last year.