The thrash is on.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
As usual I'm kinda behind the 8 ball. Three months seem like an awful long time until you realize that you can only get things done on the weekends. Anymore I'm just to damned pooped when I get home from work to get any serious work done :yawn:. I bought an Onan propane 110 generator for the camper. Most of the camper runs on 12 volt DC power so I had to go through an inverter for those circuts and still maintain 110 for the microwave a few receptacals and air conditioner. There is some confusion as to the type of generator this camper was wired for. It may have been wired for a 12 volt DC gen. So I have been struggling with this for it seems like weeks. The camper is 9'6" long so it hangs off the back of the dually. That means I have to have a hitch extension to the tune of 23 inches. Now having an extra 23" of receiver hanging in the wind and droping 600 lbs of tongue weight on the end of it kinda freaks me out! Even with the load distribution hitch. So I'm going up under the truck and reinforcing the class five hitch a little. Add to this the fact that I'm going to R&R the intake with the new Edelbrock keeping in mind that I have already port matched and blended it plus added the splash pan and you get the idea. I wanted to get some megaphone collectors for the tri Ys, 2.5" inlet and 3.5" outlet but have ran into a stone wall getting this size so I may have to reuse the old collectors I have been running. I was looking forward to seeing if there would be any improvment with the megaphones. I'll keep looking. Oh well I know it will all be worth it when we show up a Thompson. Sure wish I had a pit crew :rolleyes:!