They are still out there! I picked up 409 Truck Motor and bunch of parts this past weekend

hrlykngt

Well Known Member
They are still out there! In my horse trading this weekend I picked up a 409 Truck motor. It was built about 10 years ago, apparently it was only run for about 3, 20 minute pulls on the test stand for break in, it was trying too run hot so the motor was torn down. It was found to have one of the cylinders with a blue spot where the cylinder wall was apparently to thin. The whole project was put to the side and I picked it up 10 years later.
It has these pistons, they are from Ross, supposedly purchased from Show Cars. they are .030 over Part # 121334 VL D1. The guy I bought them from said he thought they were 11:1, I called Ross and they said they were 12:1. Does anyone else recognize them? I may also call show cars to confirm.
Pistons are not hurt, I gave $400 for the Crank, Rods and Piston balanced Assembly. Will consider my options of getting the block re-sleeved or looking for another that is .030 or will clean up there.
He gave me the truck block, I gave him $300 for everything else, the like new Cam (Isky 262 Hydraulic Flat Tappet), Edelbrock Water Pump, and all of the other engine parts, 333 heads (ported and large valves installed), Oil Pan, Timing Cover, Valve Covers, new double roller timing chain, new oil pump, Balancer, Aluminum Pulleys, etc.
Also picked up a new Pertronix Flame Thrower III dist. and 348 3 deuce Intake/Carb assembly that he was running on motor, and set of Edelbrock Ceramic Hugger Headers for a few hundred more bucks.

I also purchased a set of Large Port Edelbrock Heads and Intake he had purchased to swap out for the 333's and 3 deuce setup he was going to run but never did.
IMG_8250.JPGIMG_8249.JPG

IMG_8203.JPGIMG_8235.JPGIMG_8233.JPGIMG_8231.JPGIMG_8226.JPG

Last edited:

hrlykngt

Well Known Member
I'm sorry they are not for sale, I am using them on a motor I am building for my 62 Impala. I'm still in the building them phase also, just sharing them for now. Only thing I might trade is the single Edelbrock Large Port Intake Manifold for a dual quad Edelbrock Large Port Manifold.

Last edited:

64ImpSS

Well Known Member
I'd like the aluminum heads and intake. I have some NOS heads with valves and a dual quad intake but I think it's an offenhouser