Things Snap-On Tool owners say

Sudsc61

Well Known Member
I bought a lot a my Craftsman at flea markets, unbelievably cheap. This is when they were still guaranteed for life at Sears. Still using just about every one.
I think they still have the lifetime guarantee. I have a few broken sockets I should get replaced and use at home.

Shaark92

Well Known Member
What's funny is I sure find that true. Now I'm big on US Made stuff, but not when it's ridiculous. I needed an Axle Puller many years ago. Couldn't find one anywhere. I asked the Snap-On guy how much and almost fell over. I figured if I had just the Flange Plate, I could make the rest myself. I asked him how much for just the Plate, he said $100. Soon after, Harbor Freight started selling them. I got the whole kit, Flange, Shaft, Slide Hammer, 3 or 4 Accessories and a Box to boot, for $36. Been using it for years and has never failed me once.

Another story. A mechanic friend of mine bought a huge Dale Earnhardt series Tool Box. Darn thing even had Chrome Wheels. This was back in 2001. I asked him how much and he said $2000, just for the Box. He's probably still paying on it.

Pops' rollaway is FULL of tools he fabricated/modified. "goofy handled screwdriver" ... he brazed the shaft of a straight slot to a brass airchuck which was laying around. LOL. it's still in drawer number 3.