Third member advice

2tons o fun 63

Well Known Member
Ok do you drive on the street at all . I was looking at a locker because of everyone saying how good they are. Does have the driver mount added. Opinions on 3.89 gears.

2tons o fun 63

Well Known Member
Ok then I guess I'm good with the gears I picked for now if you both are running 4.30 and 4.56 gears. What's trans you running 4 , 5 speed or th 400?

2tons o fun 63

Well Known Member
I'm not running the 9 inch, but I went with 3.73 in my dana 60.
35 spline, detroit locker, richmond 6 speed. 2 piece drive shaft.
Anything over 30 spline is pretty much beefcake for the street.
Ok kool, how do you like like the 2 piece and who made it?

No409

Supporting Member 1
I run 4.30`s, spool, 35 spline axles, 28x11.50 et streets , M21 in my 55 little tough parking in a tight spot with the manual steering, but I get it done.
my 63 rear end ( not installed yet) same thing. 1350 u-joints also

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well, I bought the Inland driveshaft, and I have some concern's about tunnel clearance. The tube diameter is huge. I don't remember the O.D., but it's huge. So big, that I'm going to have to modify something.
I ran stainless fuel line thru the tunnel as GM did on the 48 & 09 cars. Well, after my driveshaft arrived, and I installed it, I can see that the fuel line won't work there (my car is not road ready yet).
My car sit's a little high, front and back. So the rear housing is offset about an inch. This means that I'm going to have to install an adjustable panard bar to shift the housing a half inch. This is also going to cause more clearance issue's in the rear tunnel area. My driveshaft barely clears now!
Did you guy's cut the rear tunnel for clearance ?
I know I can't be the only guy with this problem.

Sorry, Tons, I don't mean to highjack your thread. I read this, and it reminded me of my problem, so I thought I'd ask if anyone else has this issue. Kinda' fit's in with issues listed above.

Randy

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Zero adjustments, but when my 9 inch was made, the yolk is centered in the vehicle. I do not know if the factory axle had the yolk off center or not?:rub