this site

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
is it just me or do any of you other guys keep on getting spam and warnings from MCAffee about a dangerous site warning here...every time I click on a thread I open another spam window...my pc is very secure, set up by a friend that builds boxes for Langley...he says no way on my pc...any thoughts...

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Not here,Rob,but I do see a little "not secure" sign.I'm using Google Chrome,and while I have virus protection,it isn't McAfee.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
None here, running on Chrome like Don. Also see the not secure, been meaning to ask my PC gurus about that.
I don't use my phone very often for the web.

bobs409

Administrator
The not secure will show on every site that doesn't have https URL. (the "s" at the end indicates a secure site) It's mostly for commerce sites that have credit card info and other important things. Not something a normal site like this would have. You have to pay for a good bit per year to have it.

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I can imagine bob, it's not an issue but a pain in the ass every time I open another thread my screen flashes and another window opens...I'm using chrome as well but every time I put my cursor on the bottom of the page I see that my computer is waiting for web sites to open flashing quickly before me...:dunno2

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have zero issues with this site :drinking

MCAffee slows down PC's, 20+ years ago I had PC issues running slow or just stopping, it was MCAffee.

I switched too Norton and have been using Norton every since with no issues, Virus protection is a preference.

Mine is Norton, I've built many PC's over the years and I have 5 so I buy Norton with a 5 PC license, PC's are like Big Screen TV's today cheaper too buy already built.

This PC is a HP Touchsmart and has over 2 million files on it and I scan it it everyday ( plus run scan for performance ) when I'm done and Norton resolves all the daily placed cookies from websites.

On another note most PC users think they cleared all their temp files by clearing daily history NOPE.

If you go too your control panel and click system. Then click event logs you would be amazed how many files are stored and not deleted if you've never performed this task.

I do it monthly and there is probably 30-40K files stored. I clear them all and it speeds up your PC.

Happy Mouse Clicking!!!!!!!!

Ted

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I have zero issues with this site :drinking

MCAffee slows down PC's, 20+ years ago I had PC issues running slow or just stopping, it was MCAffee.

I switched too Norton and have been using Norton every since with no issues, Virus protection is a preference.

Mine is Norton, I've built many PC's over the years and I have 5 so I buy Norton with a 5 PC license, PC's are like Big Screen TV's today cheaper too buy already built.

This PC is a HP Touchsmart and has over 2 million files on it and I scan it it everyday ( plus run scan for performance ) when I'm done and Norton resolves all the daily placed cookies from websites.

On another note most PC users think they cleared all their temp files by clearing daily history NOPE.

If you go too your control panel and click system. Then click event logs you would be amazed how many files are stored and not deleted if you've never performed this task.

I do it monthly and there is probably 30-40K files stored. I clear them all and it speeds up your PC.

Happy Mouse Clicking!!!!!!!!

Ted

No problems here and I use Explorer. Thanks for the tip Ted I'll have to try that.

Mark

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I get the warning, that "this site is not secure" every so often.:doh Doesn't cause a problem though. :clapWhat does irritate me, is the Slow reaction time, when I click on a link, to open it. Happens every day.:bang I also see a Yellow line going across the top of the page, until the link settles. Probably my computer. :dunnoSpectrum has managed to screw TV up, and now, the New McAfee system they give you Free, for Road Runner is a PITA. We thought, Time Warner was bad.:rolleyes

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Yeah as a whole Spectrum/Time Warner sucks a big one. All's they want to do is jack their prices and not upgrade their junk system. I get pixelated picture a frozen picture and broken sound the phone goes out too. I call them and they want to send someone out to have a look and I tell them that I've already been down this road several time before the problem is your junky system needs fixed!!

Mark

Last edited: