Thompson 2012 T Shirts

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ok, to keep cost reasonable, they will be white and two colour. The cost is 17.00 for s-xl and 19.00 for xxl and bigger. I must have 100 T shirts to make this work. I cannot ship to members that cannot attend because shipping from Canada will not work $$$. But if you make arrangement swith another member in the US great, will gladly bring the shirts. I will attach picture and explain. The checkered flags will be replaced by a US and Canadian flag, Fred's car and valve cover will be replaced by the two active members that passed suddenly this year and a mascot that has been part of the the forum for many years. Hope this works, please respond to this email for orders, the cut off date is May 21.

Attachments

• IMG-20120329-00035.jpg
    IMG-20120329-00035.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 6

AZ409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I bought the original bunch of shirts from a friend of mine here in Phoenix that supplies shirts for several of our car shows, the cost is very reasonable. Cecil was kind enough to haul them to Ohio where Brian and family passed them out. After the 1st year Brian worked direct with my friend. My thoughts are that the shirts can be sold for $7 or $8 profit and that money can be used toward something special for Brian, Dave etc. I doubt if I will make the trip but I will make arrangements to purchase (average $8). that is my cost and I will ask Impala Bob to ship them in Bulk to ? no cost shipping.
I will do this only as a fund raiser. Thoughts? Larry

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Both these ideas are good for me. Maybe you could work together to get the shirts for this event. Either way, put me down for two XL... I know from experience, that getting them pasted out, to the right people and number, is the biggest part ! Let me know if I can help in anyway ?

Bill

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I'll take two,are they available with pockets?

Tom Jacobson.........many know him as a 62 409 racer and had a Pro_Mod 62 Belair on the Super Chevy circuit for many years..........says this about t-shirts. Every day wear is a t-shirt but if you have a "dress up" occasion..........then you wear a t-shirt with a pocket!!!! Don must have the same philosophy!!!!!!!!!!!

Clyde Waldo

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Is a necktie mandatory with a t-shirt with a pocket or is a necktie considered an optional accessory with a t-shirt with a pocket?

AZ409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I talked to my T-shirt vendor, he sent about 100 last year, mostly 2Xs, I can get an exact count or any other amount. If someone accepts responsibility on the other end I can add any changes, fund them upfront and send them out. I can be refunded after they are sold.
Anyone providing dash plaques? If I can find the old CD, I can talk Bob into providing them.
Nuts, I agree with you, the hard part is collecting sizes and getting them to the right people. How about, if I send the same amount as last year, and they are sold 1st come 1st serve?
Please, I don't want to step on any efforts that are underway, I spent a lot of quality time with Brian and my room mate Dave in 2009 just trying to pay back.
Larry

AZ409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I don't know about other parts of the country, but where I was raised neckties were mandatory only when the T-Shirt pocket was filled with something to mark with. Ties were optional when cigarette packs were rolled under the left sleeve and at no time should a tie be worn with tools in the T shirt pocket or in the upper pocket of bib overalls.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I don't know about other parts of the country, but where I was raised neckties were mandatory only when the T-Shirt pocket was filled with something to mark with. Ties were optional when cigarette packs were rolled under the left sleeve and at no time should a tie be worn with tools in the T shirt pocket or in the upper pocket of bib overalls.
:clap:clap:laugh:laugh:roll:roll

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Hi Quick9r, I really like the idea on the Thompson shirts with an acknowledgement of Dave,Brian and Winston on them.:cool:
Please put me down for 6 shirts that I will pickup at Thompson this year. The sizes I need are:
3-Large=1 Xlarge=1 ladies medium?=1 ladies small. Please let me know if you would prefer pay pal or Cash at Thompson. Please let me know the amount owed . Thank You Quick9er and Larry for helping out with the shirts. I know I can speak for all the guys and gals attending Thompson this year. We appreciate what you are doing.:hug:clap

:crazy:cheers

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Larry, If you are willing to do what you have listed, and can find someone to collect and distribute great. I really do not have the time, I was only doing it because knowone else was. A member that is attending but not racing would be a good canidate. Please advise.

Quik9r

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Larry, as I mentioned, I am willing to help, but will require some assistance from Linda and maybe someone else who is not racing as I plan to make a few runs. I don't know who would be able to take them on that end as I'm a West Coaster also. I can't remember who did the distribution last year, just know it wasn't me ???

Bill

AZ409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks Bill, if we can't find anyone to take them, I can ship UPS, I remember in 09 I spoke to our hotel and they agreed to accept our shipment and they would hold for pick up or I can ship to someone's home. If everyone agrees I will make arrangements to get the shirts made. If someone was working on the new layout with flags and recognition of Dave, Brian and Winston please send it to me. Bill would you call me 480 326 9295. Larry

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Larry, all I did was send picture to T shirt guy and he said it was easy to make changes to existing layout. Your t shirt guy should be able to do that?, I have nothing to send in way of lyaout. I will leave this in your capable hands now, thanks :beer

Kevin Quik9r

AZ409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks Kevin, I have the original layout, what did you have in mind for displaying the recognition's and flags on the shirts. Larry

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
eliminate the picture of Fred's Car and valve cover, add RIP Brian Thompson, Dave "petepedlar"Smith, Winston, replace the chekered flags with US and Canadian Flags, do this over a white T shirts and you would only need two colours. Add blue for the USA flag and the names that RIP . Everything else stays in red as before.
We still want to head line this as the Fred Totten Memorial and always will be.
Does all this make sense.

Kevin quik9r

AZ409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Would someone Email me pictures of Brian and Dave's cars and a picture of Winston, I would like to have our artist play with the design. Larry

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Thanks Bill, if we can't find anyone to take them, I can ship UPS, I remember in 09 I spoke to our hotel and they agreed to accept our shipment and they would hold for pick up or I can ship to someone's home. If everyone agrees I will make arrangements to get the shirts made. If someone was working on the new layout with flags and recognition of Dave, Brian and Winston please send it to me. Bill would you call me 480 326 9295. Larry

Larry,
I can take delivery of the tee shirts and bring them to Thompson for May 31 if you need help?
Brian,

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Larry..... I agree wholehardedly on theT-shirt design with Fred Totten=Brian,Dave and of course "Winston"
My original order is still there for 6 shirts. Will pick up at Thompson. Paypal ahead or Cash at Thompson is fine with me. C'mon guys.... Times awastin.:deal:bat

:crazy:cheers