Thompson Gasser Event

high gear

Sorry I haven't been here in awhile. Just want to know if the 'club' will be at Thompson next week? After last year, and being turned away with our car, not even sure if we want to try it again this year. LOL. Decisions, decisions. :dunno

high gear

We drove in, paid our money. Got to where the guy directing people, we told him we wanted to go into the track and park with the 409 people, he stopped us told NO, you HAVE to park up the the FIELD. Well THIS 409 doesn't park in ANY field. He just stood in front of us and wouldn't let us go in to the pits. We calmly (unusual for us lol) turned around got our money back and came home. Was not a pleasant experience at all. Found out later that other 409 people got to go into the pits. Guess he didn't like ours. LOL.:rub

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That's strange.......... mind you I pre-registered last year but had no issues at all at the gate............. it's too bad you didn't get in touch with one of us in the pits, Ray would have straightened it out real quick........... who ever was looking after the gate needed a talking to.

Dave

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Just a F Y I you will have to pay the $75.00 fee to park in the pitts i believe not just a standard day pass fee,

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Just a F Y I you will have to pay the $75.00 fee to park in the pitts i believe not just a standard day pass fee,

Ray............better tell him NOW...................I A'INT PAYING $75 A PIECE FOR 2 HARLEYS TO PARK IN THE PITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll just have Denny come outside and we'll just load up in his trailer!!!!

roger gunter

Supporting Member 1
$75.00????:cuss

GLAD IM STILL IN TEXAS :D
maybe some day the event will come this way ??????????
( I know in my wildest dreams ) :pray

62BT409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
WELL.....I am glad I saw this thread because I was just following the "2011 Shootout" thread and was waiting to see any procedure. SO, just to clarify this operation. I am trailering my 62 Show Car and would like to show it. Is there there a show place?? Or am I going to be in a field with others showing there cars? I know the Thompson Dragway website has NO INSTRUCTIONS or Applications....other words...nothing but a few prices.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Last year we got there early and saved a row of spots for the show cars along the edge of the staging lanes. It's a good spot, high visibility. We're aiming to do the same thing this year. The track seemed quite happy with the arrangement last year. This is a poor picture but you can get the idea.

CIMG1169.jpg

There were also some show cars just out of the picture, around the corner.
We are hoping to get there Wednesday night and several guys get there Thursday morning. We try to spread out and save as many spots as we can for the 348/409 group.

62BT409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Lookin to get there early Friday AM......only coming from Pittsburgh...and I hope they have trailer parking areas. She's a 4300 mi trailer queen. Thought I would break it out of the moth balls.

jim_ss409
It appears to be just a line of cars and no place for a canopy or such. Am I correct?

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
It appears to be just a line of cars and no place for a canopy or such. Am I correct?

Some of the guys just kept their show cars at the same spot that they parked their trailers. That way they have extra room for a canopy or whatever. Some guys also put there cars back into their trailers at night but some just leave them out. There aren't a lot of rowdy people there and many of us stay right at the track so we can keep an eye on things.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
If there's enough intrest,I can check with M.I.R.[Royce Miller],1/4 mile,or Summerduck Dragway [Mike and Joy Anderson],1/8 mi.:think

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
I will pay the $75.00 pit fee for the event. I don't think I would drive 9 hours to get turned away with my rental car. I am a 348-409 web site member !:cuss

:crazy:dance