Those poor folks

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
All the disasters, that Cali has had this year, are any of these, near the fault line?:dunno Scary Sh*t:drop

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I use to live on one of those fault lines. I was in the Bay Area when the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake hit also. I will still take an earthquake over a Tornado or Hurricane any day.

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Crazy thing about the Santa Barbara to Malibu coast, (it's beautiful, we like to visit there whenever my wife and I can), there are several off shore faults running east/west parallel to the shore, but the San Andreas fault heads southeast then turns easterly in a bend about 60 miles or so north of Santa Barbara. It extends south easterly through the Cajon Pass above San Bernardino/Riverside, then splits, one leg is called the San Jacinto fault, the easterly leg is the San Andreas,runs across the desert and east of the Salton Sea, they re-converge at the mouth of the Colorado River in northern Mexico. The scary thing is that the fault at the bend hasn't moved since 1857, and it's way overdue. As long as there are constant small fault activities, it reduces chance of a huge earthquake. They happen every 90-100 years on average. One thing about earthquakes, they don't last long. Tornados and hurricanes can be forecast, but they can be erratic. Floods can happen wherever there are mountains and rain. I guess there is something to consider wherever you live.That 1989 Loma Prieta quake shook the chandeliers in houses down here, 400 miles away. Only World Series ball game in history postponed by an earthquake.