Today is national coffee day

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Damn and I can't have a drop. :cry:cry

Getting some surgery today, for my birthday gift to myself !

Bill

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Guess time will tell ! I know what I think is going on not sure what the doctor knows ?

Bill

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I'm not a coffee drinker either.:dunno It used, to make me jittery. Now, I'll have a nice spot of tea. I used to work with a fellow, that would drink coffee, all day and night. He died of stomach cancer.:cry1

mike bell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Bill
I sure hate to hear about the hernia deal, the first several days of recovery ain't no fun! After that it's not to bad. I got faith in your live-in nurse(LINDA)to take good care of yea! You need to get all healed up and headed for that southern beach real soon. It's gettin a littler cooler out and I know you SNOWBIRDS can't handle that. Take care and we'll talk real soon. I'm looking forward to seeing you two in June. DIana & Mike

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I'm not a coffee drinker either.:dunno It used, to make me jittery. Now, I'll have a nice spot of tea. I used to work with a fellow, that would drink coffee, all day and night. He died of stomach cancer.:cry1

Hey Skip.

I used to go to a chiropractor that never drank or smoked, exercised religiously, and ate well. He showed me his bean sprouts he was growing in his refrigerator one time. DIED IN HIS 50'S FROM STOMACH CANCER..............what a kick in the ass that would be...:winner:winner:winnerI've taken such good care of myself I already went past his death age by at least 10 years..........:crazy:crazy:crazy:crazy

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Back in the early 90's, the place I worked decided, "NO SMOKING." It didn't bother me, because I quit 20 years ago, before that.:clap It was started, by a few non-smokers. I don't have to tell you, the trouble that started. Guys that were friends for years, now drew a line in the sand. :doh They did, give the smoker's a room to go smoke in. :clap That did relieve some of the tension. One of the instigator's (Gary), was the most hated guy, in out shop.:bang This other guy, who I was friends with, told me one day " Gary better be careful, he's libel to get run run over, by a drunk driver, smoking a cigarette. :roll

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Mike

This is the second one, you know me slow learner. Linda is taking good care of me so no worries. Biggest problem is no driving Ms Bela for at least two weeks. Might have to put Stabel in !!

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I have had a hernia, since I was 19.:doh I helped a friend, lug a 352 F*rd, out of a junkyard. It was wintertime, and we more or less dragged it, to his car. As soon, as we lifted it up, I felt my right nut go up, near my belly button.:scratch Luckily, I've tolerated it, all these years. Whenever it starts aching, I put an ice pack on. :(I was gonna have it repaired, a few years ago, then my son-in-law, who just had his taken care of, showed me his lower stomach. (NO, he didn't show me his junk) All black and blue.:barf2He said, he wouldn't do it again.:yuck

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Got to admit is not fun the first few days but heals pretty quickly normally. Netherlands of mi e turned black and blue but it's in the warnings . Couple of hard days then should improve quickly. Thanks all for your thoughts.

Bill