Traction bars

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Not sure if this is the right place for this but I will put it here and it can be moved if necessary. I haven't been playing with my 62 lately but me and a coworker decided to revive his 2000 s10 regular cab short box with ls swap. We found a 2003 Silverado 1500 being parted out and bought the whole engine trans and all the electronics and stuffed it in the s10 in 13 days along with 9" rear and complete front end rebuild with bigger brakes and sway bar. I handled the fab work and fitting everything and he did the electronic side. He is really gifted at electronics everything works as the factory intended and runs great even the ac.IMG_1337.JPGIMG_1413.JPGIMG_1415.JPGIMG_1416.JPG

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
One picture looks like a Caltrac set up,is it? How well does it work? From the :burnoutpicture there's no wheel hopping signs,just the inability of the tires to handle the torque.

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yes it is a caltrac design. It works really good it had really bad wheel hop and now there is none. And yes the tires don't hold but he wanted the truck to be a sleeper with stock rims but is thinking about wider ones now that it doesn't wheel hop. He is also still playing with the tune and next week we are driving it to carcraft in bowling green Kentucky. Here is a link to the site I used to build the traction bars. http://www.hotrodsandhemis.com/Traction.html

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks,future information for my S-10/380 W project.What transmission is he running,Auto,or Stick?

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
We are running the 4l60e right now. I pulled it apart replaced the broken sun shell converted it to 2wd output shaft and did a couple other upgrades to it. This drivetrain is only temporary the long term goal is turbo 6.0 with 4l80 and he has about 75 percent of the parts for that right now. This drivetrain gives him time to work on his tuning skills before we go bigger with a less forgiving setup.
The 380 in a s10 will be unique! What year s10 you using?

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I want something between 82-93 as I like the early body style better and they are a bit lighter.Just personal preference on my part.

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I agree I like the early body style the best as well. My first vehicle I had for a daily driver was a 84 2wd longbox that I stuffed a 283 in I went through a couple engines in it learning things and the last one was a 355 with a 144 supercharger on it it was a lot of fun! That's my student Phil!