Trek to Rodney's

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Had an opportunity for a quick turnaround trip to Springfield, MO to visit with Rodney Inman at his shop. This is the place where RussC and others have had quality prep and paint work for some time now. I am lucky to have a project in his hands, the workmanship is top notch :).

Here's what you see when you approach Rodney's place:

Burnt bubbletop.jpg
A 1962 Belair Sport Coupe on the rotisserie. This one suffered a fire and you can see the distortion on that famous roofline. Big project.

In the background you can see Russ' "Obsolete Missile" once campainged by Donnie Schaffer :). Here's a better shot:

Obsolete Missile.jpg

A bit of lightweight parts and Z-11 top end :).

Oh yeah, I did snap a few pics of my project as well:

Cowl.jpg

Dash.jpg

Enjoy! TomK

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Tom,
looks like your 62 SS convert is ready for the set of 62 impala taillights I was supposed to send to him.
plus the circuit breaker for the kick panel wiring ( for convert top switch and power windows if you have them)
I am too slow.
Paul

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Paul: Not a problem, and yes it does have the power windows :).

I need to connect up with you soon as I have some parts missing from the top mechanism as Floyd notes. I'll send you some pics of the part needed (actually one on each side).

Floyd: any chance you might have these missing pieces?

Cheers! TomK

Floyd Horton

Well Known Member
Travis and I took a top frame over to Rodney's but it was for a 59/60 and was configured differently, so no help. seems to be lots of 61/64 top frames on Ebay. Hope all is well with you and yours Tom.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
here are pictures of my top racks -the "curved arms" in my attached pictures - two of passenger side and one of drivers side are what I think you need
I have a pair of extra curved arms that mount to the body with two round head bolts.
Paul

PVS361.jpgPVS362.jpgPVS363.jpg