Tremec 5 speed swap.

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
Here is my crossmember I made for my TKO 600 install into my 62SS.

ImpalaOct21016.jpg

Here is my floor, I need to tweak the back to make a smoother transition.

ImpalaDisassyMar1408005.jpg

Silversport 63

Well Known Member
Hay guys I'm a new member I have a 63 impala I'm installing the tremec tko I need the measurement for the front drive shaft I would appreciate some help thanks

HemiChallenger71

Well Known Member
When my bud did his tko swap, he used a mid-mount shifter (those covers on the case allow different shifter locations). It was expensive but required minimal cutting and looks factory way up on the trans tunnel.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hay guys I'm a new member I have a 63 impala I'm installing the tremec tko I need the measurement for the front drive shaft I would appreciate some help thanks
As with most things on these old cars you will have to do the installation then measure. No one is sure of exactly what measurements you may require in your car.
If you look on the inland empire web site they will give you the details of what measurements you need or even your local drive shaft engineer can do that but each car may be different
Things like engine mounts being changed at some time in its life, has some one replaced the rear shaft earlier in its life etc can all have an effect on your particular required measurement.
Myself and My Brother have put a TKO600 into his 63 impala and i am putting one in my 61 impala but i would still measure and not take what another car has as gospel.
Sorry if this is no help
another cars measurements are a best guess really for your car.

Steve