Tri-State Raceway August 17 & 18, 2013

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks Phil! Mr. Excitement, the money order came this evening and your console will ship out Monday. :D

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Car is together and running...........with the distributor a tooth off. Will fix once I get to Iowa. See you guys in the morning!

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Wish I could say the same. Too many fried orange wires and didn't get them replaced in time. You guys be safe and have a good time. I 'll be home sulking. And takin ibuprofen to ease the aches from crawling back and forth under the dash. Maybe watching a little Mecum auction will help salve the wounds...

TomK

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Overheard yesterday:

Unknown racer who stopped to visit.....I used to be a millionaire. ..now I'm a drag racer!!!

Dave Coots cell phone rings........this is Dave & I don't have time to talk to a$$holes right now!!

At the bar last night....Dave tells the waitress as she bring's beer......just in time...my low alcohol alarm just went off!!!

Introducing Paul.......he drives a train......he's an engineer!!#!

Naw.......we're not having an fun!!!!!!

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I read a quote awhile back where it talked about proof that we drag racers are crazy - "Drag racers must be crazy because this is the only sport where you spends the most money so you can spend the least amount of time actually participating."
Probably not a direct quote, but that sums it up. Funny when you really stop and think about it....they are right. The more successful we are at getting our cars quicker.....the shorter our time in the car going down the track experiencing it. I'd never thought of it that way. Good thing I don't mind being crazy cause I'm going to keep chipping away until 6.50's in the 1/8th one day. That's 11% less time than I spent enjoying a pass the last time out. LOL

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Hope you are all having fun ! Anyone heard from Joel, wonder how he's running ?

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Cars look great. Thanks for posting pictures. No racing anywhere around here today. We are under a flood watch. :hide I live on a hill in the woods so no danger for me personally. No sunshine in the 10 day forcast for us.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
There is always a crowd gathered around Joel's car ! Hope the group got him running, we really need him in CA !

Bill

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Ok.....I don't know what's going on here but from the smile on Dave's face AND the smile on the officer's face I think someone has some "Splainin' to do". :laugh

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
TMI !!!! How about the racing, curious minds want to know ?

Bil

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
1. The pic above must be photo shopped.....................and besides when I told her my name was not Phil Reed, she released me....:laugh

2. We had a great weekend.
3. The results. I came in third....very important. Saturday we tested and tuned all day and worked on Joel's car:browthe rest of the time. (sorry Joel)The cloud followed him to Iowa and he had a few problems. The motor ran very well though. We got his clutch linkage problem straightened around yesterday. Then today in the time trials his tranny locked up. I believe he may go to the dark side(two pedals) in the long term future.............:dunnoSorry about all your problems Joel and hope you get your other tranny in ok for next weekend. Shan Dalley had some Mexican jumping bean problems in 4th gear, but soldiered through them. Dan(Ishiftem) arrived Saturday as planned after getting his clutch repaired late Friday night. He made adjustments during 2 time trials Sat and 3 on Sunday. Charlie Kuenster and his son Jerry came Sunday and had to leave early with their 59 El Camino due to work issues with Jerry's job. Charlie has no problem with work issues, don't you know?:dunno:crazyThe folks that came to Tri-State to race were Joel, Dan, Shan(aka Big Dog)Paul(PVS409), Kuenster's, and my self. After the time trails Sunday we were down to Dan, Shan, and myself. In the first round Dan and I went to it and he had a .013 reaction time and I had a .127. He stomped me into the dirt with his 10.96 to my 12.31 and Shan had the bye. Then on the finals, (drum roll:clap)Dan had a .031 rt and Shan had a .194..............:hide, but to no avail, the Homewrecker crashed the light and Shan won the BIG TROPHY:bow:cheersFOR THE FASTEST 409 at Tri-State raceway today.......:dance:clapWay to go Shan. A GOOD TIME WAS HAD BY ALL. Thanks to all the wives and other folks that came out to cheer on their favorite drivers.

4. Phil and Candy------------isn't she sweet...a very nice person...:)I just can't believe she drew the short straw when her husband came around. I think maybe he robbed the cradle. Nothing against Phil, of course........:rollThe one good thing I have to say about him is that he brought me out of my shell, as I am no longer an introvert.........:cheersAfter hanging out for a few days we both realized how many things in the past we had in common. Thanks for

taking time to stop by the office and for coming to the races Phil and Candy..

Also, thanks to all you other guys for coming and hopefully you had as good a time as I did. Can't wait for the BIG ONE next year.:crazy

Tom...hope you get your wiring problem fixed...was looking foreward to meeting you.