Tri-State Raceway August 17 & 18, 2013

59 NSS - 409 Charlie

Joel, The 400 is a tuffer trans buy the 350 will hook up to everything in stock location. The trans cross member stays in the same as the 4 speed did. Good luck buddy.:bang

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
peeing-man.gif
AUTOMATICS
Somebody was shopping at the bullet.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Joel,

I have a T350, you can have... The only problem is, it's for the Buick and would need rebuilt and an adapter to work in the BelAir !!!

Bill

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
If Dennis and 409 Charley show up that will make 6 total to race. Dan, Paul, Shan,and myself make up the other four. Doesn't sound like Joel will make it due to the time frame, we'll miss him. I sent Ishiftem a pic and some info and he is making up a flyer. We'll pass out the flyers at some of the races we go to. I would like to tell the track we will have at least 8 cars coming to make it worth while for them to put us on their website/program. I saw Nuts and Tom may come to cheer us on also.

Is there anyone else interested??:dunno

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I hope to be there with a 409 car, but likely won't be racing unless I bring the Belair. None of my vehicles are set up for the quarter mile, mainly stockers with 3.36 gears.

I look forward to connecting up with you guys and cheering you on. I can't make Thompson this year, so this event is my best opportunity to attend.

Cheers!
TomK

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
"the old saying"
Get two pedals if you want to ride in it
Get three pedals if you want to drive it
:D

New to forum is this event and track referenced Tri-State in Earlville, IA ? I live in SE MN and go to Cedar Falls which I do not think is that much further to go ? Never been to Tri-State, but heard from the folks in Cedar Falls that it is nice track. Is this only 348-409 event ? Would like to check it out.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome Bowtieman

Earlville is correct. This is the 3rd year we have held this event. We limit racing between 409's & 348's. Bring your car to show and race with the other guys. What do you have?? We will be able to all be in the same area.
I go to Cedar Falls sometimes. The pic in my avatar is at Cedar Falls.

I have a 59 Impala but do not plan to drag race it. I take the 72 Chevelle to the track here it is
http://northstarchevelles.com/Member_Rides/Jim_D.html
Maybe we will make it out there if anything to see the 348-409 event. We were at Rock Falls on a muscle car day and there was a stock looking 60 Impala stock there racing and it was fun to see that big Impala at the track. Cedar Falls is 135 miles away for me. Do you have a flyer for the 348-409 event? There is nothing on the TriState site yet I seen a flyer last year for the event and we were considering going.... later Jim

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Jim

Working on a flyer. I was hoping for a commitment of 8 cars before I have Tri-state put us on the program. Need at least 2 more for that. Watch this thread for updates. Consider coming down in August. Motels are listed in this thread.
Nice collection of cars you have there.

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Car still not together yet, soon I hope. Well I am going to try to make both shootouts, IA & CA. A lot of driving but I think it is possible (if my car is finished). Will know more as we get closer to the events. I already booked a room at the Super 8 in Dyersville. As I remember they fill up fast, can always cancel if necessary. Is that were everyone is going to stay this year? Let me know. Thanks.

Joel

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Great Joel. Hope it works out so you can make it. Get that bad boy running again.

I believe most will stay in Dyersville due to more choices for restaurants. Also, you are correct that the rooms fill up fast in that area. Book a room now and you can always cancel it.

I went up to Tri-state yesterday and made a few passes, had a good time.................

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
The event is now on Tri-States web site. It is posted on the HAMB event board also. I passed some flyers out at the track last weekend. Dan(ishiftem) is making up a better flyer and will pass out some also. My friend that races with the Ozark Mountain Supershifters is passing out some too. Come on out and have some fun August 17 and 18th. :dance:crazy No passing out allowed.........:cheers:bat:hide

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
What is the status on the shootout. Are we still planning on having it? My car is together & running. I went to Woodburn, OR last weekend to meet up with the west coast crew. Great nostalgic event. Friday night was good & my first run with the new engine was 12.43 & 114 MPH, scared the crap out of me, was not expecting that much power. 2 more runs 12.47 & 12.53 top MPH 115.57 had to shake the brown stuff out of my shorts.:crazy Saturday not so good. 1st run & the trans locked up on me, no first gear.:mad Pushed it on the trailer(boy am getting tired of doing that). Back home now & at the shop. Will pull the trans & see what is wrong, hopefully fixable & back together for the Iowa shootout & CA. Need to do some more suspension work & add another upper control arm. I am still running my 2 piece drive shaft, any suggestions on a one piece? :dunno See you all soon. Thanks.

Joel