Tri-State Raceway August 17 & 18, 2013

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
What is the status on the shootout. Are we still planning on having it? My car is together & running. I went to Woodburn, OR last weekend to meet up with the west coast crew. Great nostalgic event. Friday night was good & my first run with the new engine was 12.43 & 114 MPH, scared the crap out of me, was not expecting that much power. 2 more runs 12.47 & 12.53 top MPH 115.57 had to shake the brown stuff out of my shorts.:crazy Saturday not so good. 1st run & the trans locked up on me, no first gear.:mad Pushed it on the trailer(boy am getting tired of doing that). Back home now & at the shop. Will pull the trans & see what is wrong, hopefully fixable & back together for the Iowa shootout & CA. Need to do some more suspension work & add another upper control arm. I am still running my 2 piece drive shaft, any suggestions on a one piece? :dunno See you all soon. Thanks.

Joel

Yes Joel, it's a go. Glad to hear your car ran good. Sorry to hear about the tranny..........:bang Looking foreword to August.

Don't know for sure I'm attnding...busy summer & World Series is following weekend. I may still attend, but at this point I'd say less than 50%.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
How's that new motor running Dennis? Come on out for a test and tune......................

Good so far. !2.50 range which is what I expected staying w/ 4:11, & shifting early. It if ever quits raining, maybe I'll actually get to run in competition. 3 NSS meets, 3 times I either didn't go or got rained out. Try again at NMCA in Joliet next week. We'll see on Earlville. God knows I luv that track.

Quickshift409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Just about 2 weeks to Tri-State, how's the car count looking.:dunno It's been quiet on here. We need to get fired up.:dance

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Broke my Jerico last weekend but I will be ordering parts tomorrow and as long as everything is in stock, I should be good to go!

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Still planning on attending. Few minor things to get fixed on the car before the trip. Hopefully will get it done. See you all soon.

Joel

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Have some extra time while waiting for a plane on this hotel computer. It's time to commit guys.:dance

Ishiftem Dan
Qucikshift 409 Shan
PVS409 Paul
Joel Schneeweis
4094evr Dennis
409 Charlie

Nuts?
Tom Kochtanek
Bowtieman 427

If there are any more changes, i will revise this list.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Dave, you can take the "?" off my name... We will not be there !!!

Bill and Linda

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
It's official.......:D.......................:hide.......................Nuts has been scratched....................:dance:crazy:dunno:laugh

Thanks for letting me know. Hopefully i'll run into you somewhere next year.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
It's official.......:D.......................:hide.......................Nuts has been scratched....................:dance:crazy:dunno:laugh
Thanks for letting me know. Hopefully i'll run into you somewhere next year.

Dave...............that's the best post I've seen in decades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry Bill..............it's just too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
We had our first cool weather in a while, so I went out and changed fluids on both cars and set the valves on one. Then I drove @#$% out of each, to see if I needed to prepare further for next week. Didn't break either one!

Not sure which one I'll be taking, but right now it seems to be the SS car. I've never had the BA 409 too far out of the zipcode, the SS has been on several road trips, so I feel confident on that one making the 5 hour plus trek to Iowa. Will be by my lonesome.

The only variable is that I start the new semester the following Monday (back to work, darn!) and can't afford to have any mishaps, so I likely won't be paddling thought the quarter mile with SS car.

More later as next week unfolds.

Cheers!
TomK

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I will be there with the 62 ss 409. Not sure I will race very hard. The motor was missing changed plugs now seems to be OK. Need to change oil. Going to a nice local Car Show this Saturday with the car. I also changed to a 3:36 posi with my muncie 4 speed with overdrive in 4th gear from a 4:11 posi. It might slow the car down ?
I have 409 questions for all on my 62 SS 409 convert with factory air - cam to use, head work, guide plates. Block is done with a 409 stroker crank, using a Richmond 5 speed with a 3:08 POSI.
I might be by myself...
Paul

I've been working on 59 WAY more than I had planned to.( Thanks Charlie for talking me into this) I said when I started NSS that the new tool in my box was a "for sale" sign. If the car needed anuthing major, that was the tool I was pullingout. Well the rig needed about a tenth for the NSS index, which supposedly means about 100 pounds. The hundred pounds had to come from me or the car, so the 59's been on a diet. Of course something like new front tires, race seats & heater removal which should take about 2 hours to complete has taken me several long days in the garage. Not done yet, but close. I'm gonna pass on next weekend with series coming up, a Vegas trip rite after, & then a fishing trip w/ missus rite aafter that followed by Cedar Falls NSS finals. Sorry about this year,would hope to make major convention next year, but doubt I would if it's more than about 5 hours. Hopefully you'll have a few cars @ least & good weather.