IA Tri-State Raceway October 5th & 6th 2024

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sure do. But I still drive the car. A data logger does nothing automatically for the driver or tuning VS just holding the steering wheel or an engineer in the pits making changes to the car as it goes around the track.

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
concerning the programable air shifter set ups on the power glide cars, would like to hear the racers input and opinions on the subject.
Daves post was aimed at Me! I’ve run the same air shifter since 1995 in 5 different cars! The Pack Wrat Ronnies car was a turbo 400 and i shifted that car! My air shifter has always been in plain site for anyone to see! Air shifters are NHRA and IHRA legal in there No electronics bracket series classes! So if someone thinks this device gives me an unfair advantage in this group of great racers I surely don’t have a problem removing it from the car! I think i can handle shifting the car myself! With that said and “No hard feelings” I’ll see you guys at the races!!:)

Last edited:

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Daves post was aimed at Me! I’ve run the same air shifter since 1995 in 5 different cars! The Pack Wrat Ronnies car was a turbo 400 and i shifted that car! My air shifter has always been in plain site for anyone to see! Air shifters are NHRA and IHRA legal in there No electronics bracket series classes! So if someone things this device gives me an unfair advantage in this group of great racers I surely don’t have a problem removing it from the car! I think i can handle shifting the car myself! With that said and “No hard feelings” I’ll see you guys at the races!!:)
Not to worry Barry, when I line up next to you the least of my worries is your air shifter in the Bubble Top. Granted, I have only beat you once in the Nova but win is a win. LOL!

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Daves post was aimed at Me! I’ve run the same air shifter since 1995 in 5 different cars! The Pack Wrat Ronnies car was a turbo 400 and i shifted that car! My air shifter has always been in plain site for anyone to see! Air shifters are NHRA and IHRA legal in there No electronics bracket series classes! So if someone thinks this device gives me an unfair advantage in this group of great racers I surely don’t have a problem removing it from the car! I think i can handle shifting the car myself! With that said and “No hard feelings” I’ll see you guys at the races!!:)
Doesn’t bother me. It just makes it that much sweeter for me if I beat you with my 4 gear! :poke:D

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Didn’t mean to ruffle anyone’s feathers here, just wanted to hear other racers opinions on the use of this electronic programable equipment on nostalgic race cars competing at nostalgia races. The air shifter itself is not the question, only the electronic control that takes over the drivers function. I never questioned Barry’s ability to push a shift lever once during a run. He’s proven successful in every car he has driven. Much respect to you Barry, and I’ll bring you down one of your favorite soft drinks during an evening at the races.

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
It’s all good Dave! It’s a subject that needed to be brought forward, discussed and worked out! I’m actually excited about my new role in the race car! Much respect Dave! See ya at the races!!:cool:

Last edited:

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Sure do. But I still drive the car. A data logger does nothing automatically for the driver or tuning VS just holding the steering wheel or an engineer in the pits making changes to the car as it goes around the track.
What brand, flavor of data logger do you use?