Trim/Mouldings

18htan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Where is the best place to source repo or NOS trim?

I need LH and RH side trim from my 63 Belair 4 Door Sedan.

- Front Fender
- Front Door
- Rear Door
- Rear Quarter

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Give Dave Kosmann a call Dave's Trim Polishing. He has a good stock of trim and might be able to help.

Bill

On your side moldings Dave charges 35.00 a foot and 25.00 a foot on the smaller narrower moldings like trunk. so if you figure that out and then start buying NOS you may find it is cheaper to just redo your own... Just a thought.

18htan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks for the heads up Dan.

I don't have any side moldings. They were long gone by the time I got the car. :bang

I have looked on ebay, but never find any.

If a set ever turns up, can someone give me a heads up.

Also, I have been told that Impala, Belair and Biscayne 4 door sedan mouldings are all different.

Is this correct?

18htan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks Bill.

This is just getting harder and harder.

Spoke to Dave as suggested, and he does not have a complete set. And the trim he does have has been Chromed.

I just managed to grab a heap of Belair parts that were being thrown out... Should get them delivered next week. The fun part is... I have no idea what I am getting, and if any of it is any good. Maybe I will score some trim.

Wishful thinking one would suggest.

18htan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Got my parts last night... It was a mixed bag. But scored a RHD Steering Box and RHD Steering Column, also some mixed bits of trim.

Now I have zero idea if the trim I scored will even suit my car.

Can someone shed any light?

ChevTrim.jpg

Either way, it will need some work.

62BillT

Well Known Member
The top 3 look like '61 2-Door Bel-Air Moldings.

The bottom one I don't recognize at all.

Bill

18htan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Close but no cigar it would seem.

Would there be part numbers on them? Should clean them up and get them off to someone that needs them.

18htan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
More help required... :doh

I need to work out what mouldings I have, and what is missing?

I am talking about everything, windshield, drip rails etc.

Where can I find pictures of every piece so I can sort through what I have got and start hunting for what I need.

If you have a 63 Belair and could be troubled taking some pics of all the moulding front to back that would be greatly appreciated. :beerbang:bow

18htan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:cheers

Hey Don,

Thanks for pointing out the bloody obvious.

Clearly I did not have my head screwed on this morn, and just had one of these moments :doh

I will do a stock take of my trim, and if I can't work out what anything is I will post up some pics.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Got my parts last night... It was a mixed bag. But scored a RHD Steering Box and RHD Steering Column, also some mixed bits of trim.

Now I have zero idea if the trim I scored will even suit my car.

Can someone shed any light?

ChevTrim.jpg

Either way, it will need some work.

The top two moldings are 61 Bel Air 4-door. The third piece is 61' Bel Air front fender molding. Can't quite figure out which side from your picture. The fourth piece is 1963 Chevy II Nova front fender.

18htan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks for shedding some light on these Dan.

Obviously no use to me, so now I know what they are I can set them free to someone who needs them.

:cheers

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Hi Nate,

there was a guy at Minyip or Murtoa, Vic,:dunno that had a pile of late 50's through early 70's Chevs and Pontiacs, being 63 Bel Air's were reasonably popular over here, you should have a fair chance of getting your side trim mouldings. :cool:

If you look in Just Cars Magazine, trader "West Coast Imports" talk to Kym Kader (owner), he also has had many 63 Bel Air's, I know he has a bunch of mouldings, not sure whether or not he has any for your Bel Air, but give him a call.:cheers
Kym knows these cars intimately, and has a really nice 59 Sport Coupe (283). His daily driver is a 66 El Camino. :crazy

By all means mention me, been good friends for 30 years.:cool:

I have another mate who has a pretty tidy 63 Bel Air, I will have chat with him and put the word out. Some of those side trims you have look like 61, they might fit my 61 bubbletop.:beerbang

18htan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks for that Grubbs!

You have been bloody helpful. We will have to share some beers one time or another.