Tripower Idle/mix screw idea

Tman

Well Known Member
I posted this on the HAMB and thought it might be of interest here. You know how hard it is to get to those mixture screws on your center Rochester? Sure, once they are set you dont mess withthem much but I wanted soemthing easier.

I found these "screw caps" at the local hardware store in those MAGIC bins, I dig the magic bins! The caps snap onto Allen head bolts originally. I drilled out the center a bit and JB welded them to my screws. Now, once installed, I can mark them both at full closed and accurately see where is one is set by counting turns.

Attachments

• P1010008.JPG
    P1010008.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 65
B

bowtieollie

Problem adjusting the center carb idle mixture screws?

What problem?

I use a 90 degree screw driver with a rotating handle - takes less then 5 minutes to adjust the fuel mixture.... :love

Mr Goodwrench

Well Known Member
you mean like one of these??? had this one for years could not live without it!!! :bow

Attachments

• DSC00510.JPG
    DSC00510.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 76
B

bowtieollie

Yep, that angle screw driver works great Mr Goodwrench.

Mine is slightly different - it has a ring gear as part of the driver head - with the pinion being the shaft for the screwdriver. The head dimension is under 1/4" so if fits nicely in tight spaces.

Mr Goodwrench

Well Known Member
the fact that it is 1/4" drive is nice also, put any socket you want on it, get screws or bolts in tight places started real easy :clap

Tman

Well Known Member
I agree that fancy tools can make our lives easy. A pal described the same tool to me when I showed him my screws. He keeps a dirty shop so I asked him where it was....................................................he couldnt find the fancy tool! hahahahahahahhaha

My car is a little harder to get to than some stock 3x2 setups with the HOTROD linkage. Stock linkage is much better than what I have