Trying to get back to work

Junky

Well Known Member
Actually I own a hot tub, I always drain it in the winter and use RV antifreeze to store it for the winter, because I am to cheap to run the heaters all winter, lol........... quite honestly that would feel really good, think I will work on getting it fired up, thank you.

Have a friend come over and do it for you... Remember, that the boogy man is watching you........

Iowa409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Have a friend come over and do it for you... Remember, that the boogy man is watching you........

Yep my sons coming over tomorrow to flush n fill, probably take 24 hrs to heat it up to temp, really just pull the drain cap, rinse and fill, but good lookin out.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I don’t know if work comp laws change in what state you live in ......but you have the right to have your own doctor...... you don’t have to see their doctor..... you have the right to that second opinion and your doctor could’ve been the first opinion and you won’t have to pay for it out of pocket because it falls under work comp....... and this is what I will tell you about them pushing...... they have a set time limit for the type of injury that you suffered..... that is the timeframe that they will use....... to either say more therapy more surgery or we’re all done here...!!! and now we’ll get to the settlement work...... comp laws used to say that you could go for 12 years on that injury, but I believe they’ve change those laws and I think they’ve got it down to three years.

Last edited:

Iowa409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I don’t know if work comp laws change in what state you live in ......but you have the right to have your own doctor...... you don’t have to see their doctor..... you have the right to that second opinion and your doctor could’ve been the first opinion and you won’t have to pay for it out of pocket because it falls under work comp....... and this is what I will tell you about them pushing...... they have a set time limit for the type of injury that you suffered..... that is the timeframe that they will use....... to either say more therapy more surgery or we’re all done here...!!! and now we’ll get to the settlement work...... comp laws used to say that you could go for 12 years on that injury, but I believe they’ve change those laws and I think they’ve got it down to three years.

thank you for the info, yep I went by ambulance directly to the hospital from work, a level 4 trauma center, they brought in their on call Neurosurgeon
so it was that fast, I was in the hospital for 1 week and had no choice at that time in the matter. As it turns out, this particular doctor that was assigned, who was the on call type rotation was this quack doctor who has many accusations and court losses of being in the pocket of Work Comp claims, so now I am at the mercy of going through the hoops and channels of disqualifying him as inadequate care to be seen by another doctor, if I want THEM to pay for it, meaning I have to have their lawyer approve it first. The problem is that doctor says, I am ready to return to work, and so my employer just is loving the fact when they smile and say "We have to go by what the doctor says"

Its a shame and it unfair, but it happens daily I am finding out. My lawyer put them on notice yesterday, they have seven days to respond to alternative/fair medical evaluation, under something called article 85, whatever that is, lawyer stuff, I guess.

My point is if their doctor is correct and fair in his diagnosis, then a second doctor will confirm that, BUT if I am right and this doctor agrees with me, that its to soon and I am verifiably still injured, then they will have an issue and will force them to act accordingly.

The real problem is he is the Dr. of record, but he is only treating the spine, not the rotator cuff, not the forearm or wrist injuries, not the pelvic injuries, hip injuries or the back pain caused by torn ligaments, all the other associated injuries,those are also part of the accident.

EVERYTHING has to be done through lawyers and the whole system moves very slow.

I did make my OWN appointments yesterday, at MY expense with alternative choices/doctors yesterday, because I have found that YES I do have a right to my own medical care/opinions, so those are like two weeks out, it takes a bit to get an appointment, but it is moving in the right direction at least.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Exactly, kind of crazy huh
Make sure you document all that you feel isn’t right with you.... by (documenting)making sure that your doctor your personal doctor knows how you feel or what you feel ........ because when it comes time for a settlement unless there’s going to be further surgery it is what you will live with the rest of your life I have a torn rotator cuff and a long head torn bicep tendon as a result of a work injury and I can’t sleep for more than three hours.... without having to turn to the other shoulder ........ that settlement was never worth it ........Unfortunately in my situation I was divorced and live alone I have to take care of my own home lawn care snow removal whatever it may be and I could not rely on the help that I would need to go through the shoulder surgery....... I was making progress in my therapy but when I hit that magic timeframe of this is how long your injury supposed to take to recover all therapy and medical options ceased