twin disc clutch -stroker 409

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I'm finally getting around to putting my engine back in my car. My centerforce clutch is toast after 1500 or so miles. I am looking at a twin disc set up. Has anyone had any experience with them. I did years ago but that was when I worked on big trucks! This is a bit different. They appear to be superior, but how are they on the street. I would like some feedback before I buy one. Any thoughts would be great.

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
MRHP, I ran a McLeod twin plate clutch behind my stroker before I recently switched to a turbo 400. Broke, snapped or twisted everything else around it but never had a problem with the clutch. Slippage was never an issue, it had outstanding bite. At the drags it was awesome and great on the street too. McLeod also supplied the fly wheel for the 454 crank.
Carl.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
MRHP, I ran a McLeod Broke, snapped or twisted everything else around it but never had a problem with the clutch. Slippage was never an issue,
Carl.

As Larry the Cable guy would say "That sure is funny":roll
robert

mark uhri

button clutch

i have used ceramic buttin clutches and have never had any problem. broke a lot of stuff elsewhere. you can use the flywhel you have, throwout bearing setup etc. I got my in Lincoln ne from Lincoln clutch and brake?