Upcoming Mecum Auction

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nice collection, just looked at the 62 bubbletop, with all that corrosion and rust around that beautiful 409, looks like it doesn't get much attention or service.

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Nice collection, just looked at the 62 bubbletop, with all that corrosion and rust around that beautiful 409, looks like it doesn't get much attention or service.

Great looking car!!

Interesting all the corrosion under the hood and the interior looks great. Kind of reminds me of looking to buy the old Mother’s Worry Z-11, the raffled car. When I looked at it very similar, even the aluminum water pump had corroded so bad there was a small pile of aluminum oxide on the floor under the car.
The point is, no matter how rare or how low mileage the car you have to take care of it.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I think the 62 bubble top came out of the Pat McGruder collection in Phoenix. The mileage was identical as I remember. Was still on the MSO in 1987-88 when I saw it. Says owner has had it since 2003. Maybe it went to a colder climate after that.

61-63

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Ugly John is in the Tulsa area. I saw his collection about ten years ago and at that time it was in a former large grocery store building. I don't remember if this car was there but he had quite a collection of very nice cars, a 50s soda fountain recreated across one end of the building, complete muscle car engines on stands across the front, etc., etc. It was all climate controlled of course. Then he had a shop a mile or three away with several guys in it restoring cars for him.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I think the 62 bubble top came out of the Pat McGruder collection in Phoenix. The mileage was identical as I remember. Was still on the MSO in 1987-88 when I saw it. Says owner has had it since 2003. Maybe it went to a colder climate after that.

I can remember seeing a car craft magazine from the late 90s containing the McGruder collection......... he had a Z 11

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
That was the Shultz and Shriver car. Martina McBride's dad had it in Wichita, KS. He wouldn't sell the car but would trade for a completely restored 300HP 327 4-speed SS!!!! So that's what they did!!!