US Nationals Indy Hayden Proffitt

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
We are getting ready to leave for Indy on Wed. NHRA is going to recoginze Hayden on his 50th anniversary of winning 1962 Stock Eliminator this coming weekend.
Hayden, his son Brad from CA, a nephew, Ron Strisofsky who owns the car (Ron is friends with Allen George), Wild Dick MacKenzie and Paint John, and got another call tonight.....The Wully Bully boys Carl and Steven are coming too!! Denny said he may be there either Sat. or Sun also!! We'll just have a mini 409 convention!! Candy & I will be there to take pictures make make sure Hayden and Dick don't end up in a bar on the way back to the motel!!!

And I'm taking 2 very special items for Hayden. Haven't have the time to take pictures or tell you the story. But Candy & I made a quick trip to Houston last week to pick up some very special drag racing memorialbila!~!~b Will post pictures after we get back.

Dave Mills...or anybody else coming to be sure took up us. As I understand it, we will be next to the NHRA Hospitiality tent. Come see us!!~!!

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Phil, Be looking for you guys on the TV. Believe ESPN is going to show several hours of the "BIG GO".
Have fun and lots and lots of pictures:dance

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Phil,
i sent you a private message about your trip and a request.
Paul Stensland

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I hope Isaac does not cause problems. I'm looking forward to watching the race.

Candy looked at the weather this AM and it showed rain for Fri thru Sun.:bang:bang But just like at Thompson...we'll get in the hospitality tent and make the most of it!!!!

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
:clapThanks for posting that article,Jim. It does make me wonder,however,how much did PHIL pay the author to write all those nice comments about him?:scratch:laugh

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:bowThanks Jim that was a great read. Hey Don Why's everyone pick on Phil for :rollHe's the King of 58 and later Chevys You just mite need something some day and Cecil might not have it.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Phil:

Have a lot of fun on this historic occasion and take a lot of pictures. We all wish we could be there to celebrate!

Cheers!
TomK

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
We thought you guys would like some info on what's happening here at Indy so Phil loaned me his camera to get some shots he's taken.

As you know in addition to Hayden being here Ron Strisofsky brought the clone of Hayden's car to be on display. Here's Haydon with Ron.
9fdc3105.jpg

Hayden with Troy Phillips and Harold Clay, the guys responsible for the creation of the car.
3373ceb0.jpg

The car
f02c8d96.jpg

Hayden with the car
e408c975.jpg

Left to right: Phil, Hayden, Hayden's son Brad and Hayden's nephew Les Gilliam. Phil will hvae to tell the story of the two Trophies. I won't steal his thunder.
268148eb.jpg

The mini 409 convention.
Left to Right:
Ron Strisofsky, Phil, Gerry Chevry, The Man Hisself, Bob Walla, Carl Bucks, me, John Langenfelder, Dave Mills, Steven Moyer and Philip Moyer
c4a2cd91.jpg

I have no comment about this picture...................
87266145.jpg

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
A few more pictures...

Hayden Holding court:
0ad38a75.jpg

Hayden & Rusty Symmes
ea1d2866.jpg

We had a lot of rain today. The pro drivers had spare time. We were sitting with Hayden and "Fast" Jack Beckman rides up on his scooter and says "I looking for Hayden Proffitt!". Hayden had known Jack since he (Jack that is) was young. What a great, down to earth guy!! He spent the better part of a couple hours talking drag racing and life in general with us.
0804e8ed.jpg

The Denny Ford "409 Turbo Fire" fan club
053f7fe1.jpg

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Made it home tonight about 10:45pm Monday..What a great time,thanks for what was an unforgetable weekend.We all had tons of laughs and some great great times..Mini Convention I would definetely say so FUR SURE!!!! ..Oh yes,Rusty Symmes thanks so much for giving Dick and I the tour of your garage,we both really appreciated it,it's pretty amazing!!!..Dick and I talked about your place for almost two hours on the way home... Dick had another hour drive to get home from my place,I'm sure he'll have a ton to say when he finally gets back on the board..Hey Phil,I'm ready for another big bowl of that Chicken and Noodles,absolutely the hit of the restaurant!!!... Still talking about that great food!! Phil by the way thanks for all the work you put into this get together big guy..and CONGRADULATION TO HAYDEN ON THE 50th ANNIVERSARY OF WINNING THE NATIONALS IN YOUR 62 BEL AIR.. John

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Made it home tonight about 10:45pm Monday..What a great time,thanks for what was an unforgetable weekend.We all had tons of laughs and some great great times..Mini Convention I would definetely say so FUR SURE!!!! ..Oh yes,Rusty Symmes thanks so much for giving Dick and I the tour of your garage,we both really appreciated it,it's pretty amazing!!!..Dick and I talked about your place for almost two hours on the way home... Dick had another hour drive to get home from my place,I'm sure he'll have a ton to say when he finally gets back on the board..Hey Phil,I'm ready for another big bowl of that Chicken and Noodles,absolutely the hit of the restaurant!!!... Still talking about that great food!! Phil by the way thanks for all the work you put into this get together big guy..and CONGRADULATION TO HAYDEN ON THE 50th ANNIVERSARY OF WINNING THE NATIONALS IN YOUR 62 BEL AIR.. John

Couldn't have said it better!!