US Nationals

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Jim, do you have history with the Blew By You car? Didn't he run the gas class at Thompson one or two years when we were there? He showed up at Indy with a blown motor and won the class. Pretty impressive.

bluescreamer

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Yes I was at Indy with the 2014 COPO car. Arrived Sunday night parked with the other COPO's.
Weather was brutal. car didn't perform gave to much away. ran a best of 10.402 needed another .180
to make program. took only 128 cars out of 183 cars that took a time shoot.
It was a learning curve!!!!.
Did talk to Larry about his 62 Bubble top 62.
Left Saturday morning, no point in staying. Have a Div. 1 race this weekend at Englishtown.
Stop by.
Allen

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thanks Ronnie and W Head. I will try to work that out. I have heard them mention at other races about being live on espn 3. I told the wife-mate early Sunday that I wished we could get that 'cause I like to watch the Super Stocks, the Hemis, and the stock classes. The top four Pro classes are fun to watch, but my heart is in the lower classes. Thanks again.

Lonnie

4speedman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
. The top four Pro classes are fun to watch, but my heart is in the lower classes. Thanks again.

Lonnie[/QUOTE]

I hope when the new tv package starts next year that they can find a better way to present the sport.It is ok the way espn does it but i am a drag racing fan.It is not that exicting to watch for the casual fan who has maybe never seen a drag race event in person.

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Sorry I missed you, Allen. The pit areas there are so spread out, that we just couldn't walk it all. Would've liked to see you & looked over the COPO.