Use of Limeaway

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Was at a car show over the weekend and the conversion came up on over heating. Someone said to clean the inside engine with limeaway or the like product while the engine was running. My eyes opened up so wide I thought they'ed fall out.:eek:
Has anyone ever used this method?
I beleive the person is leaving something out about using something like that, any comments.:dunno

Dave

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Shoot Dave, Everyone who has commented lately dont have a problem. Everyone seems to running cool. Guess the problem was all in my head. ( not unusual). Im open-minded about trying new things, but think I will pass on the suggestion you heard. Thanks for passing it on though.

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Use Limeaway

Jim,
Not yet. Too many other family gathering lately & fixing problems with my 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee (daily driver). It all comes down to $$$$$. Plus have been helping my brother in-law with his sons car. Those F**d small SVT front wheel 5-speeds are a pain in the a** to change the clutch on.

Only thing I've done is purchase the new Powermaster (PowerGEN) alternator 75 amp that looks like a stock generator. Should be in my hands in a few weeks, first shipment by Powermaster is said to be on 7/16/06. My car has the stock 30 amp (not the 409 35 amp) generator now. If I install a electric fan, I beleve it would draw to many amps with the MSD system together.

Ronnie,
I would never think twice of putting that compound in a good engine. Thats why my eyes got so big. My brother in-law looked at me with the same eyes when the fellow said that statement.

Dave

Bungy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Dave, where did you get that Powermaster alt? I've seen one on their website and I've emailed them asking for distributors or dealers for their product but got no reply.

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Bungy said:
Dave, where did you get that Powermaster alt? I've seen one on their website and I've emailed them asking for distributors or dealers for their product but got no reply.

Bungy,
Have not recieved it yet. But I ordered it 6/15/06. Powermaster shows it will start shipping around 7/15/06 per my local speed shop I ordered it from. This is no add. But to only help Bungy. So here it is:

Detroit Speed Shops
32456 Gratiot Ave.
Roseville, MI 48066
(586) 294-4400
WWW.DETROITSPEEDSHOPS.COM

(They have three shops in the Detroit area. This is the nearest too me)

This unit is not cheap Bungy, it's over $400 for the black case I ordered. The polished or chome might be more, didn't ask. Others please don't start that their is other alt that cost less. I like the look of the old stye black generator in my engine bay, and I wanted a name brand.

Dave

Bungy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanx guys that will help. I knew they were spendy but I wasn't expecting $400. I guess I can check with Yogis and do some price comparisons. I too want the black case for my 32 coupe. I want the thing to look like it was built in the 40s or 50s. heres their website with a pic of the one I'm talking about.

http://powermastermotorsports.com/powergen.html

Daddys409Belair

Supporting Member 1
Royal-

When I was a kid, we'd flush really bad systems with about a cup of Mr. Clean and lots of water. It really helped and never gave us any trouble. I'd shy away from ANY radiator flush that contains acid or any strong base. Unless of course you want to put that radiator off and patch a million holes!:mad:

I've never tried limeaway; if the system was fairly new :roll then maybe it wouldn't have any effect. But the older she gets, the thinner the copper gets on that radiator.........don't push your luck!