usps strikes again!!

bobs409

Administrator
This is how usps handles packages! That 62 trunk molding won't be seeing a car again. :bang

I had this shrink wrapped to a rigid cardboard corner piece that ran the full length of the molding and padded on both ends. Obvious that it was squashed downward from one end making the molding push out and then it got folded over. Probably some mail PERSON driving a prius or some other shitbox. Un-freaking believable! What do I have to do, ship in a cast iron pipe???

Buyer sent lots of pics showing the package from different angles. Very clear.

Now I go thru the filing a claim circus act. :juggle This kind of thing (and the many others) makes me want to just give up selling. I wonder how many times I said that to myself over the years?? :waiting1:

image4.jpg

tom-k

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
These shippers sure know how to destroy things --------UPS Shipping is a joke---ordered 1 arp rocker arm stud, price was a little over 10 dollars--shipping 22 via UPS and its going to take a week to get here, a priority usps padded envelope is under 9 dollars and faster---

bobs409

Administrator
It's all getting completely out of control price wise. There seems to be no limit except the sky.

Damage like above to me seems intentional! Imagine what you would have to do to crush a box from the end. The only thing I can think of is it getting slammed in a rear vehicle hatch.

I will consider the PVC tube idea but will the buyer like it? The price of the part, then the crazy shipping and a pipe? I don't know...

55Brodie

Well Known Member
I had a steering column shipped from Arizona in a schedule 40 PVC tube via USPS. It did not fare well. The "bell" portion was mangled pretty badly. One end of the tube and cap was gone, replaced by clear tape. I wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional. Armored packaging must offend shippers.
I managed to salvage it.

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
No surprise there! Back a few months ago I was getting a alternator shipped in and usps,ups and fedex all dropped the part on my concrete steps cracking the case 3 time. The fourth time I went & picked it up at the hub :furious it’s awful the way things get treat anymore.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Those pvc tubes are not that expensive . I sold a quarter panel moulding for a 63 impala to a member here and he agreed to the price,because he knew it would get there with no damage.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I had a steering column shipped from Arizona in a schedule 40 PVC tube via USPS. It did not fare well. The "bell" portion was mangled pretty badly. One end of the tube and cap was gone, replaced by clear tape. I wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional. Armored packaging must offend shippers.
I managed to salvage it.
Maybe the shipper only taped it ,if so still needs caps???

bobs409

Administrator
I wonder if some of this isn't intentional too. If no packages got damaged or lost, who would buy insurance? (and btw, insurance is another money maker for them!)

By having a certain amount of damaged and missing items promotes buying insurance.

And ANOTHER THING! (I'm on a roll here) WHY do I have to buy insurance INCASE these people don't do their job?? If you hire a plumber, do you buy insurance with him to cover faulty service/workmanship?

One BIG RACKETT!!!! It figures the government runs it.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
If i remember right i glued one end cap with pvc glue and the other cap i put some holes in cap and tube and put self tap sheet metal screws in from the side.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
My son purchased an 80's Yamaha Virago, a month ago. Awesome shape.:applI got him a Clymer Repair Manual, off of E-bay, for his Birthday. The day, the book was to arrive passed, and the book didn't show up, for another week.:doh USPS sent it to the Wrong street. I'm Lucky, I even got it.:rolleyes