USPS

chuckl

Well Known Member
Bend over and grease up, the USPS is here to help. They promised to raise prices on stamps and rates and they have, They no longer give delivery dates. Mail delivery is erratic, service at the counter is poor, attitudes of the clerks are "don't-give-a shit" and training is non-existent. Many just don't give a rat's ass. Some of my friends, who work for the USPS are disgusted and are quitting or hanging on for retirement. No incentive to do more than the bare minimum.

I was in the post office last week wrapping and taping a small half-shoe-box sized package. I was not-so-gently told that I could not use the 3'x 8' (feet!) long counter to do my packaging. "That is for shipping labels." "You must use the 2'x 2' plastic, fold-up table in the next room." Say what??? I am the only frigging customer in the whole frigging building and not frigging likely to hold up anyone in the frigging line! When I commented on this the smart-ass answer was, "I don't make the rules, I just enforce them." Jeez, they must have the IQ of a rotten turnip to figure that one out. So, I emptied my package, left the wadded-up tape, shoe box and bubble wrap on the 2'x 2' plastic, fold-up table in the next room and left! What a greasy, goat rodeo!

Five letters, containing checks, addressed to my home, sent 28 days ago, just arrived today. None of the letters were mailed more than 2.8 miles from my address. One was mailed 1.6 miles from here. It is going to get a lot worse!

Later, when I asked what the charge for a 1.3 lb letter package (no value) to be sent to France would be, I was told it would be $82.47. :yikes :yikes I didn't send it!

Of course, all short comings, all incompetence and all failures are blamed on COVID-19. Yeah, right!

ChuckL

bobs409

Administrator
One thing you CAN be guaranteed of with usps, the twice yearly increase in costs! One usually hits the stamps (big deal anymore) but the other ALWAYS hits the Priority mail.

The saying is nothing is for certain except death and taxes. That needs to be updated to include postage going up!

#FUSPS <-- see what I did there? :D (and it's only 5:43AM!)

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Paul Stensland posted a box to me via USPS on the 6th of august.
It left from Iowa and arrived in Chicago depot.
Then it proceeded to arrive in chicago and depart from there 4 more times
Paul got a notice that it was back at his local post office yesterday
He is going to pick it up tomorrow or the next day i think.
5 months to arrive at the exact same place it left from
Incredible

Will try UPS next

Steve

Last edited:

alaska gasser

Well Known Member
Went to send a package to New Jersey from New Mexico and it was going to cost $28 the other day. Said screw it and asked for a flat rate envelope. Stuffed it in and it shipped for $9 and change.

bobs409

Administrator
I use the padded flat rate envelope when I can. If you can fit it in there, it ships! Doesn't matter how bulky it looks. Some times I put the item in a box and then the box in the envelope.

bobs409

Administrator
Want to hate USPS even more than you already do?? Here's a prime example of what's wrong, GOUGING!

Customer bought an air cleaner (29.99) from me here in PA and he lives in Arizona.

USPS wants $67.50 to ship this!!! Fedex $28.52 UPS $23.95

I offered USPS or Fedex like I always do on larger packages but the customer selected USPS. I think ebay doesn't do a good enough job of showing the options or perhaps people simply don't care what things cost anymore? I myself am CHEAP! :D I'd look at all my options! I'd rather spend that $35-40 dollars on something else! I can buy 2 air cleaners!!!! I'd ship everything with Fedex just for what USPS did with the 2020 election but many of my items are lighter and smaller packages so cost wise, the post office wins for those.

Shipping has become so EXCESSIVE, we are past the point of no return! And EVERY year it goes up! (like my BLOOD PRESSURE!):splat