Vacuum Washer bottle

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I found this while picking apart a 62 SS. I know it's not for a 62 SS so, what vehicle did it come out of and what is it worth?

Number on vacuum mechanism: 88693-5
Number on Duraglas bottle: 82895

I couldn't find any other numbers...

thanks for the help!

Brian

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
dont bother to write this down.....but our 56 caddy has one of those on it. the wipers are vac operated as well and the vac pump is in the oilpan piggybacked with the oilpump submerged in the oil!. fresh air is drawn into the block passages from the air filter.

bobs409

Administrator
That is probably going to be correct for many if not all 50's GM cars. I know the 55 Olds I've been getting parts from had one like that. (it was missing but I learned of it when I researched other things)

I think these can fetch a good buck on ebay. :brow

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have been looking around researching this, but cannot find one exactly like it. most I find do not have the pump in the jar and generally only have 2 hose connections on the top, this one has 4...:scratch :bang :scratch

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Somewhere I have an article in an issue of Classic Chevy International or late Great that shows the different applications of these. I have 2 of them NOS in the deteroriating boxes. I believe these are for use with the foot pump but not positive.

starsailing1

Supporting Member 1
washer bottle

I have 58 chev setup with push button wiper switrch setup. Never put on car because I try to keep weight down. :brow I have a 1958 car and truck accesories installation reference manual. It shows 2 hose hookup for floor pedal spray and 4-5 hose hookup for electric -push button and 4-5 for vacuum push button. pn987824,987825,987826 all for 58s. pn that starts with 8 my guess would be a 57. Anyone else have older ref manuals than a 58?