Value of a complete 409 engine

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I'll put my 2 cents in cus i'm cheap. Last 409 I bought was a complete truck engine for $500.:brow This one, if I could see it, I'd be in $1000. I thing there are people out there that think $2000 would be fair. They just run the price up.:tantrum Thats why I DON"T have 65 manifolds.:furious I remember not to long ago you could get them for 250, before the hot rodders started using them.:cuss

I'm kinda looking at another. Needs put together. truck block std, 690 heads ready?, 881 intake and carbs, 10/10 crank ready, rods and tin, AND 1965 exhaust manifolds. asking $4500 and I am on the edge. I'm thinking $3500.

409Steve

Hi everyone, I'm the guy that pulled this running 409 out of a 1964 80 series chevy truck for 409Steve. It sounds like "most" of these trucks had a 348 in them originally and the replacement GM dealer engines, pre "goodwrench", were all 409's. I've been told the casting number dates this engine as a approximate build in the late 60's,, and at the time of removal there were missing bolts and a mix of other bolts that made me think the motor had been removed/replaced previously,,,,,,, any thoughts, Steve and I are just looking for a good home and a fair price for this rebuildable engine. Thanks , tabernash dave

Butler 32

Hi guys
I'm new here and this thread caught my eye, I have both a 348 and a 409 and going to put one of them in a 32 Ford Vicky
both are complete and either one would have more than enough power. I hate to use the 409 because it's like new and really should be in numbers correct car. I'm amazed at all the information is available here. Thanks, Greg