Valvoline VR1 Racing Oil - good price on Amazon

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
Saw this - where Valvoline VR1 Racing Oil was on sale on Amazon. This oil Contains Zinc. It’s what I use in my 327. Pretty good price, I think. Each case has six quart bottles. Ordered 3 cases of 10/30 - free shipping, as my daughter has Prime. Thought someone else may want to order some

Fuzz

32witha409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Not non detergent to my knowledge. :dunno
Just bought cases of 3X 5qt containers of 20-50. $4.66/qt yesterday.

Reactions: Tim

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Was just reading that there are 2 VR-1 versions, the real race oil with no detergent and the other with detergent. Couldn't find the way to tell the difference

32witha409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
On detergent capabilities of VR1, I have been using it for as long as I have been building and using HP engines and they have always been spotless inside. I don't always get around to changing the oil on time. Always by color not miles.
Used it in a few dirty purchased engines and it picks up the crud and color pretty quick. Ultimately cleans things up well.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Saw this - where Valvoline VR1 Racing Oil was on sale on Amazon. This oil Contains Zinc. It’s what I use in my 327. Pretty good price, I think. Each case has six quart bottles. Ordered 3 cases of 10/30 - free shipping, as my daughter has Prime. Thought someone else may want to order some

Fuzz
Have you recrived it yet, some reviews guys are pissed because they ordered and not received and one said it was dated very old,forgot what year he said,but over 2 years old.

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
Received 3 cases today - Thursday. Opened one up and exactly what I ordered - 10/30. Don’t know how the bottles are date Coded. Bottom of them has B22 - Feb. 2022? The bottles look new. I change oil once a year. Don’t put a lot of miles on the ’57. Up on the lift in hibernation now.

Fuzz

LGB

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Received 3 cases today - Thursday. Opened one up and exactly what I ordered - 10/30. Don’t know how the bottles are date Coded. Bottom of them has B22 - Feb. 2022? The bottles look new. I change oil once a year. Don’t put a lot of miles on the ’57. Up on the lift in hibernation now.

Fuzz

LGB
One reviews guys says oil is No good after a couple of years ,i don't know if that is true???