Vent Windows

bobs409

Administrator
Here's what Hollanders has to say.

1961 4 door hardtops front vent glass (1639 Belair & 1839 Impala) will interchange with the following:

Buick 61-62 2 & 4 door hardtop & convertible, Electra 225 4 dr sdn
Cadillac 61-62 exc 75 series
Chevy 61-62 2 & 4 door hardtop & convertible
Oldsmobile 61-62 2 & 4 door hardtop, convertible, 98 4 dr sport hardtop sedan
Pontiac 61-62 2 & 4 door hardtop & convertible.

Bob

bobs409

Administrator
Brian, if your asking for 61 or 62, the 2 door coupes used the same list as above. (making my typing job very easy this time) :D

The only ones that are being listed differently would be the sedan models so apparently, there were 2 different vent windows for 61/62, one for coupes, hardtops & converts and one for all sedan models both 2 & 4 door & wagons.

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Brian, if your asking for 61 or 62, the 2 door coupes used the same list as above. (making my typing job very easy this time) :D

The only ones that are being listed differently would be the sedan models so apparently, there were 2 different vent windows for 61/62, one for coupes, hardtops & converts and one for all sedan models both 2 & 4 door & wagons.

Bob-

Yes, I was speaking of a 62, Sorry. Thank you for the quick reply on this!!!

Take Care-
Brian

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Bob's answer is correct for the "vent glass". But the whole vent window assembly is different between hardtop and convertible. The top of the convertible is flat whereas the hardtop comes to a point. If you put the hardtop vent window assembly on a convertible, the point would cut into the convertible top weatherstrip.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I have seen the point on the hardtops frames but I always thought the glass was a little different. Is the glass changable from frame to frame. I have one that I would like to replace on my convertible.
Robert

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Robert

The glass on 61-62 are all the same. Just take one out and put in another!!