Vintage gasoline commercials (videos)

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Nice to see those again. Fond memories. I remember them checking your oil and cleaning your windshield, without even asking. Maybe even topping off your fluids some. Air in the tires. I've seen some commercials where they come out in white uniforms. I don't remember that, Carmine.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I could look at that stuff all day long. Actually, I think I do, because nothing gets done. Gas at 28.9. WOW. I'll take it. Thanks for those video's, Bob, Carmine.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
You look closely at those video's and see things that bring back fond memories of perhaps a better time; certainly different. I see a Grand Union grocery store and remember them well. All gone with the A&P stores. Sad. It is nice to see those old cars in motion just like they were. Gas station attendants couldn't do enough for you. Very clean. It's been said that all change is not necessarily good, because all movement is not always forward. Hmmm............., Carmine.

bobs409

Administrator
It sure looked like a happier time. It was a little before my time sadly but I got to see the 70's as a kid anyway.

I don't know why but I always liked the looks of those old grocery stores! (and the PRICES!!!) And back then a penny difference was a catastrophe! Today gas jumps up .15 cents at a time but back then customers would go elsewhere if a place raised a penny. lol

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
It sure looked like a happier time. It was a little before my time sadly but I got to see the 70's as a kid anyway.

I don't know why but I always liked the looks of those old grocery stores! (and the PRICES!!!) And back then a penny difference was a catastrophe! Today gas jumps up .15 cents at a time but back then customers would go elsewhere if a place raised a penny. lol
Yes Bob, it was a happier time. I grew up during the late 50's. No rush. A slower pace of life. Certainly a more family oriented era. I wouldn't mind returning to those times just for a visit. Recharge my batteries, Carmine.