Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Your buddy did a first class job on that truck. :beer
Were bucket seats available back then? :scratch
If not, he sure did a good job of making them look factory correct. :beer

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I want one of those ramp haulers, but I like the 60s look on a more modern chassis/suspension.

TomK

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
tripower: Is the cab stretched?
Joe nailed it...:beer
Doors are stretched 5". The bucket seats are factory and original to that truck. Originally the truck was a chassis mounted motor home. The bed came off another truck he bought at the Portland Swap Meet last year. He used the motor home chassis so when they put the bed on it was a bit short in the front so they added the radious to make up the differance then built the headache rack and incorporated the Guide lights. Also the 68'-72' side marker lights and Pontiac tail lights. Here is a pic of the door panel. He uses the stock door panel and builds the door around the panel. Also notice the tubing on top of the bed rail...:brow

20141130_132447.jpg

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That was my thought as well.
Me too... But I didn't want to sound stupid:doh You'd think I would've been more confident since I just got done painting my '71 one ton a couple weeks ago... The factory marker lights on the bed are a really nice touch..

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
waiting for Convoy to go to National Speedway.jpg
Thanks for that old car hauler video man. Lot's of memories there from way back when.
I remember going out to the local municipal airport on a Sunday mornings and pulling up to that old Cab-over fuel tanker . to get some "Gulf Aviation Fuel " 105 octane. There was always a line of drag cars on trucks , on trailers , flat towed. waiting fore the guy to get our fuel for the day. View attachment 29668 :love:burnout:crazy
:dance3:flag
My 64 GMC had a seat out of a 1971 Caddy Coupe De Ville. 6-way power (Black leather with a center armrest.) I liked it because the install was very easy , 1 wire to power ,the switch was in the seat.

Last edited:

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
the NASCAR Cup guys have come quite a ways too, this was our rig in 1966, photo taken at RIR. Can't see the tow truck in the photo but it was a 1949 Chevrolet panel truck.

Attachments

• tommy.07.jpg
    tommy.07.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 32