Vintage Racing !!!!

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Guys,

I thought I`d share this with my friends out there.

The other day while I was delivering heating oil to a customer I noticed this old Model A hotrod sitting in his drive way.

So I ask about it and the stories start to fill the air.

The guys name is Jack Snyder and Jack has owned the car since high school which I would guess Jack is in his mid 60`s.

Any who, Jack is a great story teller and we talked for at least 45 minutes about his old and new hobby in circle racing.

Seems a few years a go he and a few of his ol` buddies got out their old race cars and rented a track to have some fun.

Well one thing led to another and now they have races up and down the NW coast!

Jack said at one of the first races they put on they were surprised at how many cars came out of the garages and showed up!

65 cars showed including many old vintage Offy powered sprint cars.

The hobby has grown and includes all kinds of vintage cars including early Nascar cars.

I for one am going to some of the races that are close to home this year.

The club meets on Fridays of the race weekend and run their cars for fun all day and if there is an event Friday night join in as a special event.

Then on Saturday they get somewhat serious and race an event.

Jack is the flag man and his stories are amazing !!

He said these old guys at the first race blew him away at how hard they hit the peddle !!

He was just expecting a light foot cruse around the track!

Jack said he didn`t even get the green flag flying before these old timers mashed the peddle half way through the first turn, threw their cars sideways and full out raced !!!!

Anyone want to join me at anyone of these events , let me know, Jim

Here is the link:

http://http://www.westcoastvintageracers.com/index.html

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
i saw some of those cars run at Orange Show Speedway while racing with Dave Foster. very cool, you will enjoy.