Visit with "tuner" Don

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Last week I had the pleasure of having Don come visit me here in Portland and we had a great time even though it was a short visit.

I can't say enough about how nice it is to visit with friends that I have met here on our forum.
It' funny when I introduce Don to my friends and tell them we met online !!!
You get some really funny reaction from that line !!:crazy

No,,, not a dating site but OUR car site !!!:ROFL

It is really something to to have these close Friends that we have gotten to know from talking on line and then when you meet up it is like we have known each other for years.
I guess that really is true but there is something special about the bonds we have made here on the site and then sharing that friendship in person.

You guys back east that live relatively close and can met up are really lucky.
I only wish I could do it more often and others here should also.

Thanks for the visit Don and I'm looking forward to the next time.

I am going to try my best to fly out next year and make one of the gathering,,,dq

PS,,, I went in yesterday for my knee surgery and it's a little sore today.
I injured my knee last June and it has taken this long to get it taken care of.
It was a torn meniscus and some scar tissue on the back side cause at the same time when I pulled the hamstring and ligaments.
Been on Work Comp since but should be back at work in a few more weeks,,,

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Last week I had the pleasure of having Don come visit me here in Portland and we had a great time even though it was a short visit.

It is really something to to have these close Friends that we have gotten to know from talking on line and then when you meet up it is like we have known each other for years.
I guess that really is true but there is something special about the bonds we have made here on the site and then sharing that friendship in person.

:cry:cry:cry:cry,,,,,,,,,,,,,:rolleyes: Jeeze, DQ's getting soft. It brings a tear to my eye.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Ray and Ronnie...........you guys are terrible. As I finished reading DQ's post..........I had a tear in my eye!!!:eek::eek::eek:

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Yep,,, I'm an ol' softy,,

Without friends you have nothing,,,

Sitting here this morning recouping my phone has rung off the hook !!

I'm getting calls from friends that I didn't even know knew about my surgery,,,,

I'm a very lucky man,,,:cry

(funny thing is,, phones have no hook anymore)

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
visit to Portland

It is really true. I knew Dq and I had something when we met on this forum some years ago. Then we met each other in person at the convention in 2004. I promised I would tune his car. I knew then that we would be friends for life. I am very lucky in that my daughter lives in Portland. So I'm not a bother to either one when there. Now is the time to travel. There are some great deals on airfare out there. There is also this great little bar in Portland that I have to visit when there.
All the people that I have met and some that I haven't on this forum are all great people. We have a great site here. I would love to see another convention. That's a hint Phil
I just can't miss a day on here.:cool::cool:

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Don that great little bar in Portland wouldn't happen to be the one where DQ showed us pictures of his "friend"
robert

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Get better!

Hey DQ, glad to hear you went through the surgery and had the knee fixed. Hope it turns out better than mine. When I woke up in the recovery room the Ortho Doc, who is a friend of mine, was there in his scrubs and whispered in my ear: "You didn't give me much to work with".

You don't want to hear that from your M.D.!

Recover soon, and reap the benefits of a DonD super tune :).

Cheers!
Tomk

hrlykngt

Well Known Member
re

Hey Dq,
Will go for my 1 month follow up after having mine, same as you torn meniscus in 2 places. I can walk ok most of time got a little limp.
Knee is still real tender though, cant even walk across the bed on it ( or other bed activities, G.OT. only if ya know what I mean). :scratch
Had same problem with other one, it was scoped last may, took bout a year to feel normal again.
I feel Ya.
T