WA Newbie

OSTUNNER

Hows it going fellas! My name is Nate and im 27 from Seattle, WA. Ive always surfed the forums for info on different things but never fully been an active member. After meeting Dan for some parts, he informed me about this forum and the great guys that can offer their advice during my build process so im making a conscious effort to make some posts. Bare with me though, as this is my FIRST car build. Other than that i have really only built a bike at this point. Ill post a pic. it is a 1977 Yamaha XS650. Ive always wanted an early 60s chevy, mainly a 63' but when I had the oppurtunity to buy the 61' biscayne i jumped on it and since then ive fell more in love with 61's and their lines over any other 60's models. As far as build plan goes im a little unsure at this point but im leaning more towards a mild restomod. I will be going with full air ride and most likely a 383, given it was an original inline 6, thought id put a little pep in its step. Anyways ill post some pics as of where im at now.
Cant wait to dive into this and maybe pick your guys' brains for some help! Thanks again
- Nate

Out with the old ...

Found this taco'd suprise, so ive been working on getting that out for now

Pass. side frame horn will need replacing ( already got a new horn, thanks Dan)

Still looking for a radiator core support, as mine was eaten by battery acid!

And heres the bike before / after -

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Is that tail light off a mid 30's Chevy? Specifically reminds me of the tail light off a '34 Chevy Master sedan.
Welcome aboard!

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Welcome aboard,
Your looks just like mine did when I first bought it

OSTUNNER

Jeff Olsen - Ya i am really thinking i should keep the clutch in there! Might be a crime to take it out, was thinking T56 tho .??

BSL409 - ya the more and more i tear into it the more i find! haha getting a little intimidating but excited to turn things around

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Extra gears would be nice and still looks like it should be in there from the inside.

Z-11Guy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi Nate, I'm from Seattle as well. Saw that '61 on craigslist for awhile though had my hands full with my '63 at the time. Here is a shot of my buddies '61 2door sedan Impala 348 280 HP tri power car back in the day at Pacific Raceways, Raj

612 002.JPG
61 007.JPG
IMG_20160306_144212.jpg

OSTUNNER

Z-11Guy - Nice to see another person from the PNW. Funny you saw the car on Craigs, such a small world we live in. Your buddy has a sweet ride! Cool to see an Impala sedan making its way down Pacific Raceways:burnout