Warning-ebay Scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PhilBarone

Supporting Member 1
There's a guy claiming to be selling an LS9 engine on eBay but he had it up last week and I bid on it and got is phone number but I couldn't even leave a message. It just said that this person doesn't have a voicemail box that hasn’t yet been setup. So I emailed him and he called me back and said that the motor was bought for a customer for a shop and that the customer walked away from it and that they were just trying to get their money back to keep the shop open. I asked him the name of the shop to which he responded "Darkside" but I couldn't find it in the phonebook or anywhere on the internet. :crazy

I withdrew my bid and the auction ended with no bidders and he posted it again and this time I won with a $10,000 bid. $10,000 for a brand new LS9 motor? I don't think so but you can imagine how much I was wishing it was true. I wrote him and he called me and it was obviously the same kid with a different name, the exact same voice, the same seller and with 0 feedback. He claimed he didn't know anything about the first auction. I can go on and on, I even called the police and they confirmed that no such address existed for the address that he gave me for the shop. The auction is located here: :doh

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K:MEWNX:IT

STAY AWAY!! Phil :bang

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
As most of us know, "if it's too good to be true, it is a scam" !!!
This goes on all the time on EBay and when you come across one of these scams it is best to notify EBay as they are pretty good about acting on it to delete the auction.

PhilBarone

Supporting Member 1
As most of us know, "if it's too good to be true, it is a scam" !!!
This goes on all the time on EBay and when you come across one of these scams it is best to notify EBay as they are pretty good about acting on it to delete the auction.

I let ebay know, they didn't do anything but I've been in situations when I needed the money really badly so I let something go very cheap so ya never know. eBay is a great place for us but we do need to be careful. I'll never buy anything like a car or a bike again without seeing it for myself. Phil