Was robbed at Norwalk Ohio and didn't know it until after the Cedar Falls Iowa race.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I had my week old Dewalt drill missing after Ohio and didn't think much of it because I could have easily miss placed it. Between my shop at home and the business, I figured it would turn up since it was my main drill. I used it to replace the tail light lenses in my truck Saturday night at my hotel and removed all items from my truck to my room including my Dewalt drill. I put it back in the truck Sunday morning and headed to the track where I picked up parts from everyone. I really didn't think much of the drill because it would turn up where ever I had set it down at some point, so I thought. Then Nathan called me and asked if I had another box of stuff that I was supposed to bring him to the Cedar Falls Iowa race. I know I picked up a bunch of stuff Sunday from several people and dropped it all off at my business when I got back to DesMoines because I didn't have room in my shop at home due to moving things around. I checked the business for the extra box of things and even looked at home again just incase I forgot to pull something out of the truck at the shop. Nothing. Needless to say the parts #1 weren't mine to loose, #2 I should have locked my truck up when I wasn't setting in it, #3 Don't trust that parking with our group would be safe to leave my truck unlocked and walk away from it. I'm not remotely accusing anyone from our group taking the parts I picked up Sunday. I just know I walked away from my truck with the windows open and it was unlocked when I went up to watch everyone run as I was taking photos. Now I have to replace parts that were previously owned by some important folks from our group that have passed on. I can quickly make new parts appear but I can't replace the value they carried. This is just a reminder to everyone to keep things locked up especially when they are clearly not your things. Its sad to say but that is the world we live in. No way to make it up to everyone that trusted me to get the parts to him. I was careless in my duty to keep them safe. No excuses for it.

Last edited:

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
A rotten bastard thief is about as low as one can get.
Many of you guys have met my dad. Back when I was helping a buddy work on his jeep putting a lift kit on it, someone broke into his shop and took all of our tools we left there. I put an ad in the local paper with a reward for the old crappy rusty tools that were mixed in because some of those were the tools my dad gave me and a couple of them came from his dad too. In this case I'm not worried about the Dewalt at all. They make new ones. Replacing the parts Nathan had me carry for him had value beyond their new values. Just sucks.

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Well, after reading your post about stolen parts it reminded me that since I had returned home I had not seen a pair of Strange rear coil over shocks that I had setting at the rear of my trailer with a pair of Hoosier front runners for sale at Norwalk! The front runners i still have but the shocks are gone. I just came in from going through my trailer and there not there. I don’t remember seeing those shocks in Cedar Falls either. Randy, I’m sorry for yours and Nate’s loss!!!

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Barry I remember a young fellow talking to you about some shocks on the back of your trailer in Ohio and you came over and said sold them, i’m not sure if they were a strange brand or Vikings or how many sets you had but I do remember you did sell a pair of shocks in Norwalk. Ralph remembers it too he was sitting there. And I remember when I went to Colorado to pick up the 63 Belair from kevin and got all my junk stolen out of my truck. I should’ve taken it into the hotel room also but it was parked in front of the office locked up and with the lights on it and they said they had security cameras. Too bad they didn’t work…:bang

Last edited:

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
And Randy, your truck was parked pretty close to ours and I never saw anybody in your truck the whole time I was there. I went up to videotape the rounds but I was pretty much back at the trailer for most of the time. Ralph did not see anybody either and we talked about your post. It’s sad that you have to worry about things like that when you’re in your own little neighborhood at the track. Sorry to hear about your loss, I know it makes you feel violated…:angry

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sorry to hear it. Not the same thing, however my catalytic converter was stolen last November. Then they stole again it again in March. Today I went to work at 05:30. Walked out to the parking lot at 3:30 and they stole it again. 3 times in less than 10 months. I would like to shoot the MF ers right in the face and the liberal scum that protect criminals. Ok, getting down off the box.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Sorry to hear it. Not the same thing, however my catalytic converter was stolen last November. Then they stole again it again in March. Today I went to work at 05:30. Walked out to the parking lot at 3:30 and they stole it again. 3 times in less than 10 months. I would like to shoot the MF ers right in the face and the liberal scum that protect criminals. Ok, getting down off the box.
I hate to point out this out but someone is watching your car specifically. They know you will get it fixed and they will be waiting to do it again. I have seen some pretty cool flame throwers under cars that have killed a few people in South Africa. I'm told they are frowned upon here in the states.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I hate to point out this out but someone is watching your car specifically. They know you will get it fixed and they will be waiting to do it again. I have seen some pretty cool flame throwers under cars that have killed a few people in South Africa. I'm told they are frowned upon here in the states.
I really don't think they are. First time stolen in front of my house. Second time stolen out of my driveway, but how they did it was different. 3 time was at work 30 miles away. Even if they are/were, doesn't matter. The car is gone. I am already looking for a new one. I should have done it last time. It's an Accord. On the list of catalytics to steel. The officer I spoke with told me the day he came to this area and started with our police department less than a year ago, his was stolen, then stolen again as soon as he got it fixed. Whenever the economy gets bad crime goes up, however this is also what happens when there is no consequences for crime. We can thank quite a few liberals and democrats for a lot of it. They are the ones voting to not punish criminals or let them out.

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
You are right Tooth!! Man, I’m proud you remembered that cause I sure didn’t. I do now though!! I feel better now knowing what really happened! I did find a couple things in my trailer I’d been looking for. I don’t think My Prevagen’ has kicked in yet! Gonna give it another couple months and see!! :winner

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
You are right Tooth!! Man, I’m proud you remembered that cause I sure didn’t. I do now though!! I feel better now knowing what really happened! I did find a couple things in my trailer I’d been looking for. I don’t think My Prevagen’ has kicked in yet! Gonna give it another couple months and see!! :winner
Oh No, crs syndrome has kicked in!!! :D

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Man I tore the hell out of everything trying to find Nathan's stuff because at the business we have small boxes everywhere. Since I brought everything here to ensure it stayed together, I thought maybe it was just misplaced. No luck. Also, my brand new Dewalt drill you can see from a mile away and its no where to be found and I know right where it was setting before. I was stupid for leaving the truck to take photos without locking it down or making sure there were eyes on it.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
We would like to think that when we are at a car show or race track, that we are surrounded by honest enthusiasts such as ourselves. Unfortunately, there is a criminal element that is also attracted to the hobby and their numbers are larger than we might think. It's why I never leave my car in a trailer at the track without me being very close and I never would even think about staying at a hotel with the tow rig and car in the parking lot. Way to many stories out there and the cars are never found. Even when I had my car at the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals I brought a cable and locked the hood down at night.

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I’m with you about not leaving my rig unattended in a motel, hotel, restaurant parking lot. I don’t worry so much at the track since I stay at the track in my camper and I’m sleeping only 10 to 15 ft. From my car. I only put it up if bad weather is in the forecast. The camper has security lights on three sides and I’ve always got my Bulldog with me. :)

Last edited:

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Barry I remember a young fellow talking to you about some shocks on the back of your trailer in Ohio and you came over and said sold them, i’m not sure if they were a strange brand or Vikings or how many sets you had but I do remember you did sell a pair of shocks in Norwalk. Ralph remembers it too he was sitting there. And I remember when I went to Colorado to pick up the 63 Belair from kevin and got all my junk stolen out of my truck. I should’ve taken it into the hotel room also but it was parked in front of the office locked up and with the lights on it and they said they had security cameras. Too bad they didn’t work…:bang
This is why I keep my junk in the trunk!
Bob