We like photos: My blasted and tumbled control arms and shafts

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Got them back from the media blasting last night....they turned out amazing. I wish I would have taken before photos. This guy did GREAT work. You couldn't even read the cross shaft casting numbers before there was so much surface rusting, road grime, paint etc....

2 rounds in the media cabinet and 1 go through in the tumbler-deburrer

arms2lowrezim6.jpg

arms1lowrezzv4.jpg

garn3

Well Known Member
Are you going to paint them or powder coat them and if pain How and with what products. I am about to do the same but am not sure how.

thanks

bob

mac1

Well Known Member
Those turned out nice. Media blasting is the way to go. I had mine sandblasted but the sand was to aggressive and it left allot of pitting.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Mine are getting the treatment from Eastwood. I'm using their Extreme Chassis Primer and their Extreme Chassis Satin aerosol paint. The Extreme Chassis Satin is 60-70% gloss so they should look nice. I have 2 coats of primer on them right now...then I'm pressing the bushings in and then masking those and painting. I'll post pics of the primered pieces as well as the finished arms later this week when I have them done

J

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
OH and I forgot to mention that the cross shafts are going to be painted Detail Cast Iron Gray N106-D. Those too are primed and awaiting paint.