Weed and bug killers

wristpin

Well Known Member
The tried and true methods of weed and pest control doesn't work very well anymore. Ive used 2,4D and roundup as well as driveway weed killer on fence lines and on my white rock driveway. It doesnt work. There are now non native clinging vines that immigrated from down south and are taking over fences and climbing trees. Do any of you southerners who deal with those vines have a homemade effective solution? How about grass killer? And home made recipe for spider killing solution?

chuckl

Well Known Member
Sounds like Kudzoo.The only way is to pull it up by the roots.
Kudzu was brought from China to control erosion. Another good deal from China! Cattle love it, but it is not commercially "viable" as a feed because of the cost.

Wristpin: Non-ethanol gas kills the shit out of grass around fence posts and doesn't hurt the environment--according to EPA. It also kills fire ants. The big boys tell me these stories.

Seon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Roundup worked until it rains then afterwards the weed grows back so I ended up spraying after every rain days on my property. I tried to buy commercial weed killer from the county road crew but no luck. So now I just weed eat a fire break around the house, shop and barn and to hell with the rest of the acreage.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
A couple weeks ago, I came out our back porch door, and noticed a parade of bugs walking up our siding, going up to the eaves. There were ants, fly's beatles and some weird looking bugs. I came out side, with my Home Defense bug killer, and blasted them all.:appl Did the trick. Got every last one. Then I sprayed the ground and surrounding grass. I noticed a few days after that, I killed all the grass too. :good

wristpin

Well Known Member
A couple weeks ago, I came out our back porch door, and noticed a parade of bugs walking up our siding, going up to the eaves. There were ants, fly's beatles and some weird looking bugs. I came out side, with my Home Defense bug killer, and blasted them all.:appl Did the trick. Got every last one. Then I sprayed the ground and surrounding grass. I noticed a few days after that, I killed all the grass too. :good
Might have to try that as weed killer myself

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Grass is the ultimate weed, it'll grow any where and almost always comes back.
The only difference between weeds and grass is we actually want most grass where it is.

chuckl

Well Known Member
Every plant known to man since the beginning if time was a weed, until man found a commercial use for them. If there is no money to be made, the plants are called weeds. Some weeds are called weed but make money. Since weed is becoming a medical growth industry, will it continue to be called a weed? Inquiring minds would like to know.