Well, it started "PSYCHOTIC 409"

61 Bubble

Well Known Member
As some are quite aware, I had a lil stroke 380 named "PEPPY" that Aubrey built when he owned my car. For performance, it was OK, and as DonJack said "PEPPY", so that name stuck.

Well that lil motor was sold off to a happy new home for something a little more "performance oriented"? I purchased a "MILD, PUMPGAS":think:taunt 409 of the JIMS. It was in the '55 and a rag top for a bit. '65 block, about 9.5 compression, 690 heads, solid roller and Edelbrock intake and 2 750's. Well out for a little 2 minute run today, and I must admit that thing is PSYCHOTIC! Just melted the tires any where in the first 3 gears, and this is with 3.36's.

So needless to say, this will now be fun to drive. The ol' blister is going to surprise more then a few people. Just going to mellow it this year. Nothing like just hitting the gas in second and having a big car going sideways without any help!!!

Got a few more bugs to work out then gonna try and kill a set of tires in a weekend!!!!!!!!!!!:dunno2

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I think I joined Jim for a quarter mile run at the Blue Suede Crusie in the Red '62SS with that very same engine, back in the Norwalk days :).

Nice to learn what a hundred more horses can do, eh?

Cheers!
TomK