West Coast Anti Tour 2014

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Anyone planning on participating in the West Coast Anti Tour next year?

Jeff

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Won't be supportin' Car Craft anymore.....:(
In their recent issue they talk about letting imports
into the mag........(albeit rear drive)..........:bat
They show a Miata with a V8........:yawn
Been getting CC for 40 years...........bye, bye.........:cry

:cheers
bj

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sorry Jim, you have to drive your car on this one. You can always fly out and ride in the passenger seat though. BJ, If they start putting imports in, I will back you. I just don't think I can make the time to go out east for the Power Tour. Besides, if I can get that much time together, honestly, I am leaving the car at home and heading straight to central Europe again for at least 2 weeks. And although I will have a car there, or a bike, I will not be driving in the afternoon or evenings, because the best beer in the world, ( at least for me ) is a clean Hefe Weizen, and when I go, I tend to drink it. The last case I had sent over cost me $100. When I say case, I mean 10 beers. Still worth it.

Jeff

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dave, the Anti Tour is the Car Craft one, as opposed to the Popular Hot Rodding. It runs out of Southern California. Goes for a couple days and ends up cruising Morrow Bay on Saturday night. Where is central Ca are you?

Jeff

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Sounds like something to consider would need more info to get involved ?

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Come on 1958, at least put a smile after those comments :) Your starting to sound like my brother......
SuperChevy_zps2cce5fb5.jpg

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I agree, that's why he called me to install and wire that 390 in his 57 F100. What are you running in that Vic anyway?

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dave, Lived there, felt that. I moved to Modesto in 87, bought 2 houses over 6 years and then left. I didn't hate it. I just felt isolated, especially when it comes to jobs. However the location was an issue also. My wife didn't like it though. I am right outside Sacramento. My sister in law is moving back to modesto in April.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nooooooo, too much gas:no I drive a Volt, I hate buying gasoline. I use about 3 gallons per month to drive 1000 miles.:danceI do have 2 GMC trucks that I need to get on the road.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My carbon foot print is bigger than yours :D My neighbor has a Volt. It does suck listening to how little they use, however I think I will stick to mine. I do drive an accord though for my daily commute. I just put 5 gallons of 110 race fuel in my car just to see it's reaction. First my reaction.... 10 bucks a gallon :bang The cars reaction :love The police's reaction if they catch me again :no Seriously 1958, are you running a carb or EFI? When you got it, was the original motor in it? 272 ? 292? I use to mess with those 5.0 mustangs around 1995. I was driving a 67 Galaxie XL Fastback 2dr, with a stock Q 428. Well the motor had a little work. However the car had original paint and interior in great condition overall. I would bait those 5.0 on the freeway because they could get me off the line. Always had fun running those down.

Jeff

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I bought the Ford as is little over a year ago. It's a nut and bolt frame off resto. Guy built it for his wife and she passed away. I got it for just over half of the $42K it cost him to build. It's a bone stock 1990 5.0, maybe 190hp, which are EFI. AOD, 9 inch rear. Very high quality work went into it except he screwed up on the upholstery (wrong color and cheap) Disc brakes, rack and pinion steering AC. I added an appropriate sound system and lowered it 2" changed out the wheels. It's scheduled to go to the upholsterer next week.