West Coast to Great Bend, KS

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
For anyone traveling from the West to Great Bend I will give you the travel plans of a few of us. We will be traveling in Motorhomes.

I will be departing Sunday the 21st, traveling I-84 to overnight in La Grande, OR. Butch will be meeting up with me and continue on I-84 to overnight in Hagerman, ID on Monday the 22nd. We will continue on I-84 and connect in Salt Lake City to I-80 and hook up with Joel and overnight in Rock Springs, WY on Tuesday the 23rd. This would be a great opportunity to meet up with anyone traveling from California or other Western States. We will then continue on I-80 to Cheyenne, WY where we will get on I-25 and head south to Denver then jump on I-70 with the overnight in Strasburg, CO on Wednesday the 24th. We will then travel I-80 to US 281 to Great Bend, KS arriving on Thursday the 25th.

We will be traveling under 400 miles per day. Our overnight stops have been planned for RV parks that can handle our Motorhomes with trailers (my rig is 66 ft. long hooked up).

Anyone is welcome to join us along the way.

Paul

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Ok, looks good to me. I pick up my MH on Wed. 17th. Will test it out & hopefully get everything I need for the trip. I plan on leaving mid morning on the 23rd. If timed right might hookup with Paul & group prior to getting to Rocksprings. Paul I will contact you after I pickup the MH. Man I can't wait. Getting excited.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Too far north for me. I'll be going I-40 toAmarillo, then either on to OKC then north ....or north from amarillo, but have to take a look at it.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Paul,

That's almost the exact stops we had planned. Boise to Burley on Sunday (family stop), then Rock springs on Monday, then Strasburg or Limon CO, then Great Bend. PM me with the parks you are planning and I'll check them out too and maybe give you a preview of them. Sounds like Joel got a good buy on his MH, lot better than we did anyway ????

Bill and Linda

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Left this morning (Saturday) on my journey to Great Bend. I'll meet up with Butch, Glenn and Dan on Monday and Joel on Tuesday.
IMG_20140920_083826_zpsddbd0768.jpg

Last edited:

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
All loaded up here in Boise... Heading out in the AM. Try to load some pictures along the way.

Bill, Linda and Abby

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I am loaded up as well and will be pulling out first thing in the morning headed for Butches.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
All loaded up one last post before I pull out. Looking forward to meeting everyone. See you there...:cheers

Loaded For GB KS 1.jpg Loaded For GB KS 2.jpg

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I'm headed out Tuesday morning via I-40 to Tucumcari, NM then two lane across the panhandle, Liberal and Dodge City. Never driven that way before....looks like a lot of boring nothing. AAA says 14hrs 27 minutes and 944 miles. Kind of a short trip for me. Better than the 2000 miles to that other place in Ohio.:D

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Set up in La Grande, OR 396 miles from home. Changed the metering rods in the carbs to compensate for SRCA higher altitude. Found a leak in the fresh water system but to complicated to fix on the road but I can still fill water into my fresh water tank and use that. I'll meet the gang tomorrow at 7:30 and head east. I talked to Dean and he is in Salt Lake City and we'll connect later.

Happy Journeys everyone.

Paul

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Paul: Just did a one day trip & stay over to test the MH. Everything was great. Give me a call or text me the address of the park in Rock Springs & Strasberg so I can put them in my GPS. If Dean is in Salt Lake give him my phone # so we can get together, or give me his & I will call him. Thanks.

Joel

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I'm headed out Tuesday morning via I-40 to Tucumcari, NM then two lane across the panhandle, Liberal and Dodge City. Never driven that way before....looks like a lot of boring nothing. AAA says 14hrs 27 minutes and 944 miles. Kind of a short trip for me. Better than the 2000 miles to that other place in Ohio.:D
Stop in Dodge at the Long Branch Saloon and say Hi to Miss Kitty. I think Marshall Dillion snd Chester are still there!!!!!

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
You don't like us Ohio guys Cecil?????????????? :dunno

Lonnie

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You all have safe travels and enjoy the convention. I feel like I'm the only one not going and are very envious of all those who are attending:bawl. I look forward to seeing all the pics.

Gav